Printing to Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing to Network

CMM Reports have always been printed as a PDF from PCDmis to part specific folders on the internal company network.

This has worked fine for a number of years including this morning, but now when I come to print I have to manually navigate to the correct folder. Then save.

Nothing has been changed or altered as I'm using the CMM for development work on 1 program which worked fine earlier.

Any ideas on what to try? I'm assuming something may have changed in windows for this to happen

Running PC-Dmis CAD++ 2018 R2 Build 599 SP10

There was a recent windows 10 update that broke printing (again ). Also, see this post https://www.pcdmisforum.com/forum/pc...and#post488050
    Neil Challinor
    PC-DMIS Product Owner

T: +44 870 446 2667 (Hexagon UK office)
    E: [email protected]

Comment

Just had a similar issue with 2020 R2 and here is what worked for us:

Went to the installation file, selected run as administrator, select repair
      had to do the repair 2x before it suggested restarting pc
      Went to offline seat and selected 'run as administrator', ran test program and got a printed file
      Closed and opened offline seat with normal credentials
      Ran same program and saw the file print as expected

Comment

Glad I saw this. All of our CMM computers are wanting to update Windows so I may have them update tonight then fix the printing issue in the morning. All of our reports go to our network.
        Remembering my beautiful wife Taz who's life was lost on 6-13-2020. I love you and I miss you.

Comment

• A-machine-insp
          A-machine-insp commented
          Editing a comment
          R2ah1ze1l then it may not have happened. I am actually quite useless, just a waste of oxygen really.

• bfire85
          bfire85 commented
          Editing a comment
          A-machine-insp You help people while you're sleeping and/or head banging!

• A-machine-insp
          A-machine-insp commented
          Editing a comment
          bfire85 It's one of the two, either asleep or full throttle. Today is a "pedal to the metal (or however that translates to motorcycles)" kind of day. I'm still listening to (ironic band name considering) While She Sleeps - You Are All You Need.

Thanks all

I shall try R2ah1ze1l idea. Was this for each program or just one?

Comment

• R2ah1ze1l
          R2ah1ze1l commented
          Editing a comment
          Do it to your PC-DMIS application, the printing issue will be fixed for each of your programs.