PCdmis 2020 R2 GD&T Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCdmis 2020 R2 GD&T Error

Guys please help! I started at a new company that is currently using 2020R2. I was programming with 2019R1. I am coming across problems with running programs or creating a new program. If a circle is my Datum A and the Counter Sink calls out a Concentricity to Datum A. The GD&T does not work, I try cylinder as a datum to circle or circle to circle but no luck. I don’t know how to get around this. It also does the same with TP.
    Attached Files

Check the THEO vector of your considered feature CIR28. It must be the same as (or directly opposite) the THEO vector of your datum feature. Also, the two must be nominally concentric. Make sure that the THEO X, Y, and/or Z values reflect this. For example, if both features are in the ZPLUS workplane and are supposed to be concentric. they should have the same THEO X and Y values.

If you can’t resolve the error, post the code for your two features and we can sort it out.
    Last edited by JacobCheverie; 03-23-2021, 02:03 AM.

Comment

You might want to put it in legacy mode. 2020R2 uses newest GD&T rules. Make sure they know that. Engineering should be able to help you.
      sigpicTAU ALPHA PI INDIANA DELTA CHAPTER
      "Due to the highly confidential nature of my job, I am not allowed to know what I am doing" - author unknown

Comment

• Francisco21
        Francisco21 commented
        Editing a comment
        I tried what you told me and did not work. im stuck =/

JacobCheverie I tried that and it still would not work. The circle that calls out Concentricity is construct from point on a HEX. And my Datum is call out in the same position as a Cylinder. Capture2.PNG Capture.PNG Capture3.PNG Capture4.PNG
      Attached Files

Comment

• UKCMM
        UKCMM commented
        Editing a comment
        Try changing from median points to axis

• Francisco21
        Francisco21 commented
        Editing a comment
        UKCMM
        how can i make that change ?

• UKCMM
        UKCMM commented
        Editing a comment
        From the screen shot I took it that it was selectable via the radio button, our version does not have this option so canot say how to change or what it does,

Your considered feature has a THEO vector of <i, j, k> = <-0.0002707, 0.2654125, 0.9641349>.
      You datum feature has a THEO vector of <i, j, k> = <0.0002645, 0.2594093, 0.9657674>.

The two vectors are not equivalent, so PC-DMIS does not see them as being nominally concentric. Make them the same (the THEO value will depend on your particular geometry) and the issue will more than likely go away.

Comment

• Francisco21
        Francisco21 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for your fast responce. I made them both the same and it didnt work =(

• Matthew D. Hoedeman
        Matthew D. Hoedeman commented
        Editing a comment
        I think it also requires BOTH theo values (in addition to the vectors) to actually be concentric. IF your vectors were 0,0,1, and one was at X0Y0Z0 and the other was at X0Y0.5Z10, I don't think it will work.