Operator Input to csv report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operator Input to csv report

I'm sure this has been asked numerous times but I can't seem to find exactly what I'm trying to do. I'm not a noob to CMMs just new to PCDMIS. I've done this with other systems I've worked with and it was super simple, so I'm sure I'm missing something small and stupid.

We have 2019 R2, and we output our reports to csv format and every time we run we add data to the same csv and everything works fine for that except for a few things that I'd like to add. I would like to have the operator input a job number and a sample time into the program and have it show up in the excel output report file. The comment and the input shows up when you view the report within the program but when you pull up the excel file only the text from the comment shows up, not the actual input. The time that shows up in the report is the time that the program ran, not necessarily the time that the parts were pulled. I know, they should run the parts right away but it's the way it is.

With this I'd also like to do a similar thing with measurements that are taken manually, like putting in a caliper dimensions and have that show up in the csv as well. I don't care if it evaluates it, that would be cool but I just want it to be recorded within the report.

Tracefields
    sigpicTAU ALPHA PI INDIANA DELTA CHAPTER
    "Due to the highly confidential nature of my job, I am not allowed to know what I am doing" - author unknown

Comment

This is what we use, it is before my time and has been adjusted a time or tow for need specific files or parts but never fails to all of the pertinent information on the report

Code:
      JOBNO =COMMENT/INPUT,NO,'
      ,Job Number
      ,'
      STATSNO =COMMENT/INPUT,NO,'
      ,What is the Stats Count?
      ,'
      OPID =COMMENT/INPUT,NO,'
      ,Operator I.D.
      ,'
      ASSIGN/PART=STR(GETTEXT(191, 1, {FILEHEDR}))
      ASSIGN/PROGREV=STR(GETTEXT(192, 1, {FILEHEDR}))
      ASSIGN/SERI=STR(GETTEXT(193, 1, {FILEHEDR}))
      ASSIGN/STATSNO=STR(GETTEXT(194, 1, {FILEHEDR}))
      ASSIGN/PROGNAME="13-210-861-31."+PROGREV+"_Two-level Cervical Plate"
      ASSIGN/PARTNUM="X086-1131"
      ASSIGN/PRINTREV="B"
      ASSIGN/PARTNAME="Two-level Cervical Plate"

Then at the en of the program for you report
      Code:
      COMMENT/REPT,"PROGRAM REVISION : "+PROGREV+" PROGRAM NAME : "+PROGNAME
      COMMENT/REPT,"CMM NUMBER : "+CMM_NUMBER+" INSPECTOR : "+OPID.INPUT
      COMMENT/REPT,"PART NUMBER : "+PARTNUM+" JOB NUMBER : "+JOBNO.INPUT
      COMMENT/REPT,"PRINT REVISION : "+PRINTREV+" STATS COUNT : "+STATSNO.INPUT
      COMMENT/REPT,"PART NAME : "+PARTNAME
      COMMENT/REPT,

Code:
      ASSIGN/PATH="N:\63 - Metrology\CMM Reports\"+PARTNUM+" Job"+JOBNO.INPUT+" "+STATPAD+".PDF"
      Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
      Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment