7107 Clicking As It Moves In Z Only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7107 Clicking As It Moves In Z Only

I can hear clicking sounds as my 7107 moves up and down. CMM is about 2 years old. I took of the cover and I can't tell what would cause this. If the Z rail moves up or down fast, it clicks faster, likewise if it moves slow, clicking is slower. No clicking in X or Y.

I can calibrate probes with good results and my parts are passing as expected. Anyone else have this issue?

Good Day

The last time we heard such noises, somebody forgot to tighten a screw that then scraped a cable,
    which led to the entire Z-axis no longer moving.

Without knowing the exact reason for these noises, I can only recommend not to ignore them.

Goodbye

Comment

Take your cover back off and move your Z-rail up and down, or leave it off while running, cover is nothing more than a pretty and somewhat of a dust cover anyways. Easier to pinpoint when you can see the guts. I had popping sounds in my "Y" had to replace the bearings where the belt is held on, You can test it by putting a little 3in1 oil on there and see if the noise reduces, if so you might have to replace these, Hexagon will charge an arm and a leg, and your first born child. I got these bearings for like 2 or 3 dollars a piece and changed them myself, not an easy task, there was 4 inside each gear
      Last edited by KIRBSTER269; 03-22-2021, 09:01 AM.
      (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
      They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

Here was some pictures on POST #5 that I was talking about. but it's the same as your "Z"

https://www.pcdmisforum.com/forum/pc...with-the-demon
        (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)

Comment

Possibly your belt is getting frayed.

Comment

If it is clicking, and the speed of the clicking is dependent on how fast the the axis is moving, then something that spins to make it move is the cause. So, move it to the back of the table, climb up on the table, take the cover off, and locate all things that spin to move the machine, and look/listen while you move it up/down. Yeah, not much help, but that is the starting point.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by AndersI
            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

You can also just turn up your music and drown out the clicking sound.

Comment

• Mike Ruff
                Mike Ruff commented
                Editing a comment
                This is how I fix my truck!

• KIRBSTER269
                KIRBSTER269 commented
                Editing a comment
                Mike Ruff funny you say that when I was a kid my dad would yell at me saying "everytime you hear noise in your car, you just go out and buy bigger speakers" he would get so frustrated with me. LOL

I did take the cover off last Friday and recorded a little video. The CMM has a current HMA so I'm probably going to have hex come in figure it out. I'm working on a million other things at the same time right now. I will post my finds then.

Thanks for the advice!

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
                KIRBSTER269 commented
                Editing a comment
                let us know the end result