Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sphere Settings

Hello Everyone,
    I knew I would eventually have a question. When measuring a sphere (tooling ball for alignment), I seem to be having issues with getting 3 rows of hits. Actually one on the equator, one row between the equator and top (45 deg) and one hit on the top. Usually I like 9 hits, but my failed attempts have gotten me the hits in the equator, then a stupid movement of hits at the 45 deg, but 180 deg from each other, and the styli is moving over the top of the sphere, back and forth. Can you guys just put a screen shot of the correct settings?

PC DMIS 3.7 MR3
    Win 2000

Thanks in advance!
    A.Gore

At first I was not too fond of the thought of having to clock in after being salary in my previous position,,,,,but when one of the quality engineers asked if I could do some OT if needed today,,,$$$$$$, I guess it is not such a bad thing.
    sigpicA.Gore

Well, for a standard tooling ball measurement, one that is sqaure to an axis, I just use all zeros for the angles (NOT vectors!), it then does the default of equator, mid and top using 9 hits, 3 levels. You get 5, 3, and 1 in the levels.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment