Probe Rack Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probe Rack Question

I have a MCR20 probe rack that I have been using for awhile. I have it set in the middle of the table in the back. It is running length ways in the machines X axis.
    I want to move it to the side of the table and have it run length ways in the Y axis.
    Do I have to rotate the head to A0B90 so the probe goes in backwards like it does now or does the angle matter when dropping and picking up the tips?
    Thanks
    3.5MR2
    B. Jacobs
    B&S Global 12.15.10

No. When you calibrate the rack you will be assigning the rack a vector. The software will handle rotating the head to the proper angle before picking up and dropping off. I have a tp20 rack aligned to the X axis and a tp200 aligned to the Y axis. Other than calibrating the racks I have never had to worry about the B rotation for tip changes. The software takes care of it for you. HTH
    sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Thanks Wes. I din't think it mattered but I figured I would ask.
      B. Jacobs
      B&S Global 12.15.10

Comment

Sooooo, did anyone know that Hexagon will not let you buy and instal a probe rack unless your SMA is current? Well you can buy and install one but they wont turn the option on for it in the software unless you update your SMA. At least that is what my quote from them says. I wanted to buy 2 of them but they say my SMA needs to be current.

Just thought I'd stir the pot. A pot they prepared mind you.................
        <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Thats BS I still have a current SMA but I'm still on ver3.7mr3 becuase what they have put out is cr# p. We pay top dollar for the junkiest buggiest software that I have worked with. I have alot of troubles running a program and working on one at the same time. It locks up and kicks me out if I try to make too many changes to the program that is offline. There is no reason for all of these so called enhancements (new releases) to get worse before they get better. The sad this is if your SMA expires lets say at ver 4.0 and there is a fix to ver 4.0 you will never get it becuase of your SMA. If you paid for any version, you should get any and all fixes, for that version.
          Time for the Trolls to leave.

Comment

All I want is a couple of probe racks. Hexagon is holding an SMA over my head in exchange for them. I have my local rep working on that right now. I have faith in them as they are good folks to work with.

But why does it so often come down to this. To update my SMA is practically as much as the probe racks.

If Hexagon could take my car keys and hold them hostage for an SMA I have a feeling they would.

Comment

Oh yeah, and watch out for the used car salesman tricks. When we bought each of our probe racks we brought the saleslut in and told him what we wanted and to give us a quote. Both quote conveinently left out a cost for the rack module for pc-dmis. The tp200 rack left out the cost of a special controller for the rack and a cable to connect the rack to the controller. In both cases we told them "No way are we paying more. We told you what we needed and relied on your expertise to provide us a comprehensive quote. Either get us everything we need to make it work for the price we agreed to or take back what you have sent us." At which point they hum and haw, gnash teeth, whine and cave. Others have complained that they were not told upfront there was a software charge associated with a rack. Looks like you got an upfront dealer, consider yourself lucky!
              sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Hexagon just informed me my utilities will be turned off until I update my SMA..............

Comment

Craig,

They have propane refrigators. you might need one in this case to keep the Beer cold.
                  sigpic

B&S Global 544
                  Using 3.7mr3

Peace
                  Greg

Nothin left ta dew but :) :) :) !

Comment

I just looked out in the parking lot. There is one of those boots on my tire. I think it says "Hexagon" on it. I expect a phone call soon in regards to an SMA.......

http://shoutingthomas.typepad.com/ph...rized/boot.gif

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post
                      I just looked out in the parking lot. There is one of those boots on my tire. I think it says "Hexagon" on it. I expect a phone call soon in regards to an SMA.......

Now thats funny.. thanks for the laugh
                      sigpic
                      if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

It looks to me like that boot is installed incorrectly. You could probably just back out of it if you are careful.

Comment

I think that it will be more likely that they will use one of these if they could....

http://i2.ebayimg.com/03/i/08/ab/05/5b_1.JPG
                          Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

my current SMA ...
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic
                            Either seem as you are or be as you seem.M.J.Rumi

Comment

All I want is a couple of probe racks.
                              I'd settle for one rack right now.
                              When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
                              sigpic

Comment