Another V4.2 Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another V4.2 Issue

Got a call from a operator today. This is what I saw. (See attached round slot window) Everything was normal but remeasure was turned on because the slot was about 2mm low. When the slot runs, the first part is good. But when it repositions to remeasure the second slot the angle vector turns from 1,0,0 to 0,0,1 and it rotates the slot 90 degrees. When it's done, I get the attached error message (see attached error pic). I made a video of this but it is 22meg but I don't know how to post it. I am going to try to get it on utube tonight and post a link to it here tomorrow.
    Last edited by inspector212; 10-17-2007, 11:34 AM.
    sigpic GDTPS - 0584

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...22095003738510
    sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment

Try to use "Find Hole- Single Hit" + "Re-measure" together

Hope this helps
      Saliha
      sigpic
      Either seem as you are or be as you seem.M.J.Rumi

Comment

inspector212-
        Hi. The AutoRoundSlot (& Square & Notch) solving has been updated to be a true "best-fit" feature in 4.2 instead of the less advanced solving method which it had previously. I have not seen a case where the measured angle vector has been calculated 90 degrees off like this. (Though it may be similar to what Firehaus will be sending me soon). I wanted to contact you via PM, but your profile doesn't seem to allow it. Can you send me a PM with your email address? And then we can work together to get this fixed? Thanks in advance, -Glenn
        Last edited by Glenn.Russell; 05-29-2007, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Russell View Post
          inspector212-
          Hi. The AutoRoundSlot (& Square & Notch) solving has been updated to be a true "best-fit" feature in 4.2 instead of the less advanced solving method which it had previously. I have not seen a case where the measured angle vector has been calculated 90 degrees off like this. (Though it may be similar to what Firehaus will be sending me soon). I wanted to contact you via PM, but your profile doesn't seem to allow it. Can you send me a PM with your email address? And then we can work together to get this fixed? Thanks in advance, -Glenn
          Props to Glenn for getting in contact with me quickly to try to find a solution to what seems to be a serious problem. Three cheers for Glenn. Hip Hip...

And no, I and not trying to get a free SMA
          sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment

Originally posted by inspector212 View Post
            Props to Glenn for getting in contact with me quickly to try to find a solution to what seems to be a serious problem. Three cheers for Glenn. Hip Hip...

And no, I and not trying to get a free SMA
            WHY NOT?!
            When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
            sigpic

Comment

V4.2 Construction Differences

V4.2 Constucts features differently when using edge hits. I have used them extensively to capture flatness AND profile in one pass. One set of hits around a part can give me flatness of the face and profile of the perimeter. However, V4.2 does not allow me to control the construction of lines via workplane the way V3.7 did. It seems I cannot control which plane the feature constructs in. So, I went back in and projected all 400 points to the constructed plane and reconstructed the perimeter lines. I cannot wait until I have 4 hours free time to get out of this vicious circle!! LOL
              BTW, it crashed the CMM when it incorrectly constructed a plane from the edge hits. For some reason it reversed the plane so that up was down and down was up. When the machine was supposed to move up it moved down and CRASH!!!
              Bill Jarrells
              A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

Never mind. That didn't work either. The lines still construct in the worng planes. Is there a way to control which plane the line constructs in????
                Bill Jarrells
                A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

How many points are you using to construct your lines and are they 2D or 3D?
                  sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment

Originally posted by inspector212 View Post
                    Thanks Inspector212. Just trying to help out with the issues reported here that I have some association with. I'll hold off accepting the props until the problem is actually fixed, etc. (But, then again, with me not doing the fixing, or controlling the release of the fix, it's a bit out of my control).
                    Also, thank you to you for going the extra mile with the test-case you provided: A nice narrowed down part program (with just a simple alignment & problem feature), cad file, probe, debug file, and even a video. Often, a lot of the time we spend on a problem is trying to duplicate it. This will expedite matters.
                    Thanks again, -Glenn
                    Last edited by Glenn.Russell; 05-31-2007, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Inspector 212
                      70 Points per side. 2D. Constructed AND reported in the Z+ Plane. Still, Profile reports to the X+, Y+, X-, and Y- instead of the Z+. Works fine in 3.7 and always has.
                      Hmm
                      Bill Jarrells

Comment

The 'Best Fit Round Slot' issue that Inspector212 first reported here has been fixed and the patch is available. Go here for more information.

Comment