Calibrating Absolute Arm, RDS different readings from PC DMIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calibrating Absolute Arm, RDS different readings from PC DMIS

Can anybody help me figure out what I'm doing wrong here?

I'm trying to measure the 25.4mm calibration sphere in PCDMIS with my Absolute Arm and getting 37.3. I did a quick check and even calibrated my probe. RDS is giving me .009 - .02 deviation, but still when I apply anything I've done PC DMIS still showing 11.9 deviation.

I go into the Probe Utilities to try and measure it there, but it opens RDS up all over again rather than the Measure Probe dialog box.

I don't have a lot of experience in calibrating the arm outside of verifying it to the standards so anything to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using an 85 Absolute Arm on PCDMIS 2018 R2 if that makes any difference.

RDS is different than Pcdmis, but you already know that. The probe comp in Pcdmis is applied based upon the FIRST touch you make for a multi-touch feature, and that direction is based upon the direction the hand-held is pointing when you register that first touch. I'm guessing you are using a 6mm probe, which would give you 12mm if the first touch isn't in the correct 'direction' Take the first touch on the very top of the sphere, with the probe pointing straight down and see if ti changes.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

• bjgalbreath
      bjgalbreath commented
      Editing a comment
      Exact same thing. I've tried coming at it from all different directions front, sides, back, top, all with the probe head on as close to 0° to the sphere as I can.

Oddly enough playing with hole diameters on a different part I'm repeating within .002" so I don't really get what's so different.

Originally posted by bjgalbreath View Post
    I go into the Probe Utilities to try and measure it there, but it opens RDS up all over again rather than the Measure Probe dialog box.
    Calibration on a Romer is always strictly done in RDS.
    PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

• bjgalbreath
      bjgalbreath commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm learning that.

I went from a company using PC DMIS on a CMM and Verisurf for the arm to a new place that is trying to set up and implement just the arm and PC DMIS so there's a bit of a learning curve to figuring out how to get everything up and running smoothly.

If you haven't already, click on "Courses" at the top of this forum. Set up an account and search for RDS 101. If you send the serial number of the Romer that you own to [email protected] they can send you a coupon code for to take that course for free.
    PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment