Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Less PC DMIS more CMM related

Morning Guys,

Nothing i say had drilled into the operators the importance of not putting stuff on the air bearing track and stuff is constantly left or put on the line - how important actually is this? am I looking at an immanent broken machine?

Thanks in advance

I was told that a defect on the track create a three times defect on the geometry (like a stripe) : the air goes in the stripe and the air bearing goes down.
    An easy way to protect the track is to glue along the track a car door protection.

Comment

Whilst it's not ideal it depends on what it is (it it clean / covered in oil and swarf).

Could you get some yellow and black tape and stick it to the bed just inside where the leg runs as a visual warning? Failing that you could even get something that is raised 1/4 inch so if they put anything there it will wobble. They'll be more likely to lay the part on a flat surface.

Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

https://media2.giphy.com/media/tGaUc9HW7eKWFgsEw3/giphy.gif?cid=de9bf95ec0j82vatzwmkczdb5g3kyf6rauvm8ijhou0wcgix&rid=giphy.gif
        I find this usually works.
        Neil Challinor
        PC-DMIS Product Owner

T: +44 870 446 2667 (Hexagon UK office)
        E: [email protected]

Comment

• NinjaBadger
          NinjaBadger commented
          Editing a comment
          It's certainly an option!

My Leitz came with a rubber edging along the air bearing surface.. could use something like this

rubber seal.JPG
        sigpicTAU ALPHA PI INDIANA DELTA CHAPTER
        "Due to the highly confidential nature of my job, I am not allowed to know what I am doing" - author unknown

Comment

Mount an axe to the wall (right next to a Jack Nicholson poster “Here’s Johnny!!!!”)

B&S CHAMELEON/PCDMIS CAD++ V2011

There are no bugs, only "UNDOCUMENTED ENHANCEMENTS!"

sigpic

Comment

Maybe...make a rail system that goes on the side of the machine that would physically prevent someone from putting parts there?

You could also maybe paint the area you don't want them putting parts the color red. rail system is the way to go, IMO

Benedictj1's rail system is the way to go, IMO
            Last edited by DAN_M; 03-09-2021, 08:34 AM.
            SF7107(PCD), SF454(PCD), 152614(Quindos), 9159(Quindos), 7107(Quindos), B&S Manual, M&M Gear Checker

Comment

Call your Hexagon Service Rep. They should have this rubber edging I have on my machine. "Extruded D shaped bumper material"
              Last edited by Benedictj1; 03-09-2021, 08:20 AM.
              sigpicTAU ALPHA PI INDIANA DELTA CHAPTER
              "Due to the highly confidential nature of my job, I am not allowed to know what I am doing" - author unknown

Comment

Originally posted by JP1234 View Post
                Morning Guys,

Nothing i say had drilled into the operators the importance of not putting stuff on the air bearing track and stuff is constantly left or put on the line - how important actually is this? am I looking at an immanent broken machine?

Thanks in advance
                You are potentially looking at a warped machine due to high-speed impact with something on the way surface. Then you are looking at getting the machine rebuilt.
                sigpic
                Originally posted by AndersI
                I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Aggressive barb wire fencing would be persuasive, if you don't mind collateral damage

Comment

Bully and tease them about anything when you see them doing that, ride their back all day... works for me.
                    PcDmis 2015.1 SP10 CAD++
                    Global 7-10-7 DC800S

Comment

One of our quality engineers put his travel mug on our global 2 days in a row. I asked him not to each day.
                      Day three I let the machine launch it on the floor, problem solved!

Comment

• kingsld1
                        kingsld1 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Report it to your safety people for placing a hot hazardous liquid on a surface where its highly likely that it could easily get launched thus potentially injuring you and anyone else in the lab.

• JP1234
                        JP1234 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        funnily enough a QA engineer here is one of the main culprits... You'd have thought they would be the most aware

• DAN_M
                        DAN_M commented
                        Editing a comment
                        IME, the QA people who worked up from the floor are solid.

The ones with a degree do this type of stuff lol

Originally posted by Kp61dude! View Post
                      Bully and tease them about anything when you see them doing that, ride their back all day... works for me.
                      I wouldn't have a problem with doing that...

Comment

• Kp61dude!
                        Kp61dude! commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Call them uncle Joe, a triple mask wearer, or one who wears a mask inside their vehicle while driving alone. I crack myself up.