Running in Offline.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running in Offline.

I am programming someone else's machine today. It is a Hexagon Global 10.7.10 with the Hexagon controller and a Leitz Micra to LSPX1C. I saved their settings off to the network and installed the same offline pcdmis version that they use (2017R2) on my offline pc in my office. I grabbed their probe file folder and a recently ran program . I ran the settings editor / restored settings using their backup file. Put the probe folder in the correct directory. I opened their program and it appears to look correct. XYZ orientation looks right, My Leitz is Left hand...so I made sure this is correct.
    What I noticed is when I programmed an auto circle scan, the advanced tab settings do not appear to be changing to the correct values? Are they supposed to in offline? Is there another machine parameter I missed?
    I have to "Override" with my Leitz, thought the Hexagon controller automatically adjusted settings...??
    sigpicTAU ALPHA PI INDIANA DELTA CHAPTER
    "Due to the highly confidential nature of my job, I am not allowed to know what I am doing" - author unknown

Is it necessary to run all their settings on your offline seat? I only ever needed probe files, program, and CAD file (if applicable). When Hex does a diagnosis on programs through support, they don't need our settings backup.

Comment

not sure if it is necessary, but Don Ruggieri
      HTML Code:
      RUGGIERI Don <[email protected]>
      always asks for them when he trouble shoots for me. He said he loads my settings when he is working on a bug issue,
      "Due to the highly confidential nature of my job, I am not allowed to know what I am doing" - author unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Benedictj1 View Post
        not sure if it is necessary, but Don Ruggieri
        HTML Code:
        RUGGIERI Don <[email protected]>
        always asks for them when he trouble shoots for me. He said he loads my settings when he is working on a bug issue,
        Does this occur if you load your settings with their probe and program?

Comment

My settings will not change anything probe wise, except my option probe values are very different. There are Leitz specific settings for sure in my backup file. I really have not dug into what is in there. Ill see. I just want to be sure there are no surprises at the machine on the floor. you know how it is with machinists and operators. They will have a field day with me if something is wrong. lol

Comment