Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearance Plane

Hello All
    Someone suggested to me that it was better to use move points than to use the clearance plane feature. Can anyone tell me why it would not be better to use a clearance plane when working in the X-Y or any other working plane? Thanks
    Last edited by bpennings; 05-29-2007, 12:02 PM.

It depends

It depends on what your part looks lie. In general, clearance planes are much easier and less time consuming to program, but they consume precious time during execution when some people are trying to squeeze seconds out of every program execution.

Comment

Used clearance planes when i first started. I now use nothing but move points. Less thinking involved on what the CP is gonna do when you start getting into different probe rotations............x plus, y minus...ect
      sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

I use clear planes for repetitive features like bolt patterns. The rest of the time I use movepoints.

It's all preference. Any one that tells you that one is an absolute must over the other should be deported.
        <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

I use clearance planes at the beginning and end of the program, something that will 100% clear the part/fixture. I use move points (and SOME clearance planes) in the body of the program.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I use clear plane 90% of the time. I find it easier if I have to remove a feature
            then I don't have to edit move points. I Never use the pass thru plane with clear plane
            sigpic
            if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
              I use clearance planes at the beginning and end of the program, something that will 100% clear the part/fixture.
              Yep me too, another good useage. Any other useages will cost you your citizenship though.

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post
                Yep me too, another good useage. Any other useages will cost you your citizenship though.
                Ya better be nice or I'll put that picture back up!
                sigpic
                Originally posted by AndersI
                I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by T Miller View Post
                  I use clear plane 90% of the time. I find it easier if I have to remove a feature
                  then I don't have to edit move points. I Never use the pass thru plane with clear plane
                  What T Miller said. Except I use pass thru all the time. I also intermingle movepoints with clearplane stuff if I have a weird situation.
                  See...

THIS

...for some extra information
                  sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                    Ya better be nice or I'll put that picture back up!
                    I'm sure it'll only serve to sell more gumballs so go ahead. I could use the "bussiness".

Comment

I often use a combination of both clear planes and automoves (before and after) to compensate for different probe angles. You do have to make sure your PH10 will clear the part and/or fixture when rotated at A90B90 etc...
                      Kevin

Comment

I use move points at start / end of program and combination through out depending on amount of time clearance plane will take to get to next feature to be measured.
                        B & S XCEL 7-10-7
                        Sharpe32 Controller
                        PH10MQ & ACR1 Toolchanger
                        TP20 & TP2 Probes
                        Pcdmis CAD++ 3.7mr3, 4.3mr1, 2009mr1, 2010mr1
                        Datapage RT 3.33
                        sigpic

Comment

I use both, but prefer move/point. I also use move/increment at times.
                          I can't get deported for a preference, can I??
                          When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
                          sigpic

Comment

I use move/clearplane with pass thru plane stated or move/increment. I never use move points. I think they are lazy and sloppy. I like my programs to run fast and they run slower with move points. Clearplane moves are at full speed. I feel much more confident editing a program with good clearplanes. Yeah they take more thinking, but that's where I make my bread, not with my back.

g
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by T Miller View Post
                              Same here, never ever used pass through plane
                              If I have offended anyone with this post, I'd like to take this opportunity to say BOLLOCKS
                              Dry your eyes Princess and man up.

Comment