Locked auto feature window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locked auto feature window

So I have to the feature ( CIR101 ) in the code and press F9 and the auto feature edit window pops up where you can adjust the depth and you can set the probe or add sample hits. when i press up and down on the depth or manually type in the depth. it dose nothing. I know this feature is locked. All other features i am able to adjust without issue.
    If anyone knows of a way to lock a feature so that it cannot be messed with on accident or just because it is exactly where it has to be and cannot be tampered with that would allow me to unlock this feature that would be great! Using PC-DMIS 2015.1

Thanks for you time.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by natebringer; 03-05-2021, 12:37 AM.

Weird.

Can you change the values in the edit window?

Only thing I'd say is don't use anything but letters numbers or underscores in feature names (or any ID's for that matter).

Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

is that the button for void detection or clearance plane that is pressed in? try tot press it out and see if it works . ( the button before Circular moves toggle)
      Last edited by Michael_Swe; 03-05-2021, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Void Detect causes us problems with auto-circle measurements. Make sure it is off!

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaBadger View Post
          Weird.

Can you change the values in the edit window?

Only thing I'd say is don't use anything but letters numbers or underscores in feature names (or any ID's for that matter).
          The very first thing, and I mean the very first thing, they teach you in the classes are this. and time and time again, I see people posting these names that are not allowed, and posting problems with these features. If you introduce sh_it into the code, and then try to clean it up later, it's like no matter how hard you scrub, the smell still lingers. That's my analogy on this software.
          (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
          They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by KIRBSTER269 View Post
            The very first thing, and I mean the very first thing, they teach you in the classes are this. and time and time again, I see people posting these names that are not allowed, and posting problems with these features. If you introduce sh_it into the code, and then try to clean it up later, it's like no matter how hard you scrub, the smell still lingers. That's my analogy on this software.
            Early on in my programming days, I used a hyphen vs an underscore in a feature name (e.g. 1-1 instead of 1_1) and didn't realize it. Somewhere in the process, the software freaked out when I went to save and corrupted my program. This was an earlier version, I think 2013. It may have gotten better, but every since then I double check all my naming conventions so I don't do that again.

Comment

• Matthew D. Hoedeman
              Matthew D. Hoedeman commented
              Editing a comment
              You can use the minus sign, and not have it gleek your program under VERY SPECIFIC circumstances.
              (1) ID must start with a letter
              (2) ID must never be used in any variable/formula/coding

• bfire85
              bfire85 commented
              Editing a comment
              Good to know. I stick with letters, numbers, and underscores no matter what.