Feature Control Frame Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Control Frame Settings

Hello Everyone! Hey, I've got a question I can't supply too much information about - but thought I would try you Gurus. I have a print with a FCF location call out of:
    The Size;M; Then Datum's ABC; Then M again on C. The problem is there's no option in the drop down for the M on C. The M on size is there.

Can anyone explain how the drop down options are controlled? Do I have an Engineer just plopping stuff in? I'm not strong yet on ASME rules and GEO TOL.

Thanks in advance!
    Leitz Reference XI 10.7.6 with HP-S-XIH
    2017 R2 with SP3

Datum feature C must be a feature of size to allow the use of a material modifier.

Comment

What JacobCheverie wrote, doublecheck that your datum C is a feature of size, maybe it is a point or a line (now)?
      PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP11

Comment

It's an open ended slot. I measured a plane on each side, then added dimension the width. Is that not enough or how would I do it??
        2017 R2 with SP3

Comment

Originally posted by Jackarroo View Post
          It's an open ended slot. I measured a plane on each side, then added dimension the width. Is that not enough or how would I do it??
          So you are saying that you created a width out of those two planes. Which version are you using?

Comment

Yes, that's correct. A width from 2 planes. Leitz Reference XI 10.7.6 with HP-S-XIH
            2017 R2 with SP3
            2017 R2 with SP3

Comment

Jackarroo o Can you post the relevant sections of your code (datum feature creations, feature creations, dimension)? A width is a feature of size and should allow for the MMB modifier.

Comment

Got it! I had only dimensioned the width call out characteristic. It wasn't enough. I constructed a width from the 2 planes. Worked perfectly! Thank you. J
                2017 R2 with SP3

Comment