star tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• star tip

good morning i have a star tip that i need to put different size tips on it. is this possible. i need a 3x100 on the front and a 4x20 on the back. B&S global statur, PCDMIS 3.5 MR1, PH10T, TP20 extended force. thanks

Sure its possible....just make sure to build it in the software just like it you did physically.
    sigpiccall me "Plum Crazy"....but you only go around once!

Comment

ou can put different tips on, but a 3X100 is pushing it I believe. I have a 4x20 and two 2x20's on mine, but a 3x100 hanging out there is gonna have problems.
      sigpic

B&S Global 544
      Using 3.7mr3

Peace
      Greg

Nothin left ta dew but :) :) :) !

Comment

ONLY if you can remove the individual tips from the stap probe. Some of them do not allow you to take the individual tips out, some of them are made with permenant tips in them.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Watts View Post
          good morning i have a star tip that i need to put different size tips on it. is this possible. i need a 3x100 on the front and a 4x20 on the back. B&S global statur, PCDMIS 3.5 MR1, PH10T, TP20 extended force. thanks
          Not sure about a star, but in the probe drop down box when building your probe you can use a (extn5way) and build as many connections as needed. My concern would be the length & size of the probes your using. There could be some false triggering unless you have lightweight carbide probes instead of the steel.....my .0002.5
          sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Yes it is possible. You have to build it in your probe file. Use the EXTEN5WAY, TIP1 is pointing down, TIP2 points into XPLUS, TIP3 is Yplus, 4 is xminus, 5 is xminus.

As others mentioned, the size/weight can be an issue.
            When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
            sigpic

Comment

can put different tips on, but a 3X100 is pushing it I believe. I have a 4x20 and two 2x20's on mine, but a 3x100 hanging out there is gonna have problems.
              This will give you problems. I am not sure about the TP20, but on my TP200 I was told to only have 100mm carbon fiber or 50mm steel hanging out there. I had to replace my TP200 because of this. I have a SP600 so I used it.
              Dale
              v2011 MR1 CAD ++

Comment

Originally posted by WScmm View Post
                This will give you problems. I am not sure about the TP20, but on my TP200 I was told to only have 100mm carbon fiber or 50mm steel hanging out there. I had to replace my TP200 because of this. I have a SP600 so I used it.
                You had to replace the tp200 because of the length or it did something to it ????????????

Comment

You had to replace the tp200 because of the length or it did something to it ????????????
                  I over weighted it. I haven't used a star tip before and I only needed 3 tips, but I put 5 tips on because I didn't know how to calibrate w/out them. (oh, the good old days). Now I use my sp600 for all star probes and I only use it w/ 3 tips. You will know when you do it. Your numbers get all messed up. I couldn't measure anything. I hadn't crashed it so I know it was something w/ the star probe. I just thought it was my calibration and I called Renishaw and they told me way to much weight. Chalked that one up to experience.
                  Dale
                  v2011 MR1 CAD ++

Comment

Originally posted by WScmm View Post
                    I over weighted it. I haven't used a star tip before and I only needed 3 tips, but I put 5 tips on because I didn't know how to calibrate w/out them. (oh, the good old days). Now I use my sp600 for all star probes and I only use it w/ 3 tips. You will know when you do it. Your numbers get all messed up. I couldn't measure anything. I hadn't crashed it so I know it was something w/ the star probe. I just thought it was my calibration and I called Renishaw and they told me way to much weight. Chalked that one up to experience.

Thanks.......did not know you could do that.........good rep

Comment

thanks to all replies, i guess with trial and error is the only way to know for sure, i did get the tips to calibrate good running at a slow speed. i will need to order some carbon fiber tips though since mine are all ss. thanks again

Comment