Machine not responding old Excel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine not responding old Excel

I've got an old Excel cmm and getting a machine not responding error when starting software. I've checked the connections and turned off the controller, rebooted computer.
    The usb key is glowing red? Any idea why the error?

If, by the USB, you mean the license dongle (looks like a green or purple USB stick) then glowing red is normal and indicates that it's active. How long are you waiting after re-starting the controller before trying to launch PC-Dmis? You usually have to wait a few minutes whilst the controller boots before starting PC-Dmis or you will see connection errors. Depending on the style of jogbox your machine has, there is usually some indication of when everything is ready.
    Neil Challinor
    PC-DMIS Product Owner

T: +44 870 446 2667 (Hexagon UK office)
    E: [email protected]

Comment

Are you able to get a Machine start properly? After you reboot the controller. and wait a few minutes, do you hear the drives engage when you press the machine start button?

Comment

I got it working, I took the cover off the controller and there was a reset button on one of the boards I pushed that and it works now.
        I couldn't remember if red was the normal color on the usb key.
        Yes the machine motors started fine and machine moved but wouldn't home.
        thanks for the replies.

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
          KIRBSTER269 commented
          Editing a comment
          Is it possible you could take a picture of the reset button for future reference for others?

• Randy P
          Randy P commented
          Editing a comment
          sorry it's put back together now.