Move points between hits on a plane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move points between hits on a plane?

Need some help please. I have always been able to put move points between hits on a plane to avoid features between the hits. But for some reason Pcdmis is not allowing me to put move points between the hits. Does anyone know why this is not allowed to happen when it has in the past? Hope my question makes sense, if not i will try and explain in more detail. I'm, using 2018 R2. Thanks in advance for help.
    Last edited by Shoal Bass; 02-23-2021, 03:00 PM.

Move points have been blocked out from being added using auto-features for a while.
    Measured features should be no problem.

I myself tend to just use individual points then construct the plane, you can do move points, clearplanes and wrist changes as desired.

Comment

On your feature, make sure show hits is YES. Click at the end of the first point between the two points you want to add a move point, go to Insert - Move - Move Point....change the values as you see fit.

Comment

• MetsoMetrology
        MetsoMetrology commented
        Editing a comment
        bfire I never knew you could do this. Awesome!

• MetsoMetrology
        MetsoMetrology commented
        Editing a comment
        Nevermind I guess it's just part of one of the newer versions. I remember I couldn't put move points in auto features in 2013.

single auto vector points is probably the easiest. you can adjust / turn on off prehit and retract use move path lines..my2c
      sigpicTAU ALPHA PI INDIANA DELTA CHAPTER
      "Due to the highly confidential nature of my job, I am not allowed to know what I am doing" - author unknown

Comment

I tried the "show hits" icon and still didn't allow the moves between hits. I have been using the vector points and constructing plane when i need to avoid features, so i will continue to take that approach. Just thought i may have clicked something to cause the issue. Thanks very much for your help.

Comment

Shoal Bass

Move Point Auto Feature.jpg

Comment

I do this with Clearplane moves quite a bit. Try doing that with a clearance cube!

Comment

Originally posted by Cris_C View Post
              I do this with Clearplane moves quite a bit. Try doing that with a clearance cube!
              I have never liked the cube. Wrote a few programs with it, really don't like how you can't see move commands in your edit window. To each their own, though!
              SF7107(PCD), SF454(PCD), 152614(Quindos), 9159(Quindos), 7107(Quindos), B&S Manual, M&M Gear Checker

Comment

Originally posted by bfire85 View Post
                Do you have to be in Program Mode? I have had issues using Ctrl+M within features. I'll give it a try tomorrow and see if it works. THanks for the steps!
                sigpicTAU ALPHA PI INDIANA DELTA CHAPTER
                "Due to the highly confidential nature of my job, I am not allowed to know what I am doing" - author unknown

Comment

Originally posted by DAN_M View Post

I have never liked the cube. Wrote a few programs with it, really don't like how you can't see move commands in your edit window. To each their own, though!
                  You're right. I shouldn't diss the cube. I just prefer the clearplane. It's pretty cool that we work with a software that gives us options.

Comment

I do this with clearplane a lot. I have never used clearance cube. Nor would I want to try it with this. lol

Comment

You're right. I shouldn't diss the cube. I just prefer the clearplane. It's pretty cool that we work with a software that gives us options.
                      The [email protected] software is always broke, we need all those options!! =P
                      SF7107(PCD), SF454(PCD), 152614(Quindos), 9159(Quindos), 7107(Quindos), B&S Manual, M&M Gear Checker

Comment

Originally posted by Benedictj1 View Post

Do you have to be in Program Mode? I have had issues using Ctrl+M within features. I'll give it a try tomorrow and see if it works. THanks for the steps!
                        No.

Comment

Originally posted by DAN_M View Post

The [email protected] software is always broke, we need all those options!! =P
                          Right. We need 6 ways to do something because 4 of them don't work correctly and the other 2 only work with the mystical help of the peeps on this forum to figure it out because it's not documented ANYWHERE in the help file.

Comment

Originally posted by bfire85 View Post

Right. We need 6 ways to do something because 4 of them don't work correctly and the other 2 only work with the mystical help of the peeps on this forum to figure it out because it's not documented ANYWHERE in the help file.
                            That demon...she's a finicky one

Comment