True Position causing Crashes 2020 R1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Position causing Crashes 2020 R1

Is anyone else experiencing PCDMIS crashing after running a repeat and proven program once it gets to the true position FCF at the end?

I have been using 2020 R1 and recently did an update (mistake?) and now when I run a program that was written on R1 pre-patch, it will run fine until it gets to the end where I have all my datum assignments and dimensional data. It does linear distance fine, legacy mode true position fine, but for some reason when I try to execute a simple true position (not in legacy) it will crash the software.

I have since bumped the 2 computers to 2020 R2 in hopes the issue doesn't persist.

I just found a bug with regenerating scans...bug fix on the way!! If I were you I'd submit a CASE and upload your prg and CAD files. Use the Settings editor and create a backup with those files attached. Incase you did not know that already
    2020R2 dimensioning is different than 2020R1. Be aware of the changes.
    sigpicTAU ALPHA PI INDIANA DELTA CHAPTER
    "Due to the highly confidential nature of my job, I am not allowed to know what I am doing" - author unknown

Comment

Shell the program up to that point.

Copy your code from the program. Create a new routine and paste the data and try running again. (I always run the program slower, just in case).

Does it crash in offline mode simulating the online program?

Comment

Originally posted by bfire85 View Post
        Shell the program up to that point.

Copy your code from the program. Create a new routine and paste the data and try running again. (I always run the program slower, just in case).

Does it crash in offline mode simulating the online program?
        I haven't tried, but wouldn't that be a rather safe run as its not calculating actual data from the hits generated, if its not taking any hits? I run a touch probe tp200 just for your info, not sure if that matters.

Benedictj1; I submitted one and never got assigned anyone and just shrugged and updated 2020 R2 on both systems to start using that. Any insight what the biggest change is? I don't want to bite off more than I can chew, most programs were made on 2014 r1 with legacy dimensioning but that inspector is gone now so I am the one who writes all the new programs. I really want to get to a point where I don't have any small mishaps like this and am able to run overnight for a long part but in its current state I cannot.

Comment

• AverageInspector
          AverageInspector commented
          Editing a comment
          Neil,

If I open a part program in 2020 R2, would I be able to open that program in R1 or does it alter it so it won't allow an older version?

• neil.challinor
          neil.challinor commented
          Editing a comment
          It will migrate all of the XactMeasure commands but before it does that, it saves a copy in the following location C:\Users\Public\Documents\Hexagon\PC-DMIS\2020 R2\MigrationBackup. This is because although we can convert Xactmeasure into geometric tolerance commands we cannot go the other way because the geometric tolerance command supports much more than XactMeasure did. Your backed up copy in the migration folder will be untouched and you can still open it in older versions. The only thing to bare in mind is that it only saves the .prg in order to save space so you will need to backsave your .cad

• AverageInspector
          Editing a comment
          AWESOME. I was hoping there was a backup. Made the mistake of opening a program to see the interface difference and then I couldn't open the R1 version for reasons you stated. Thank you for the knowledge Sir!

One thing I did notice was the consistency of the issues coming out of large programs that have group's within. I have a massive plate I did and I grouped the sections of it "X PLUS PADS" "X MINUS PADS" etc so its easier to navigate when double checking irregularities. I deleted the group commands and it seems to have fixed the issue (on this one part at least)

Comment

Originally posted by AverageInspector View Post
          One thing I did notice was the consistency of the issues coming out of large programs that have group's within. I have a massive plate I did and I grouped the sections of it "X PLUS PADS" "X MINUS PADS" etc so its easier to navigate when double checking irregularities. I deleted the group commands and it seems to have fixed the issue (on this one part at least)
          Same problem here, reporting several true positions grouped crashes PCDMIS 2020R1, no issues with 2019R2 or 2020R2!
          Global S Blue 12.15.10 HH-AS-T2.5 / HP-S-X1h |PC-DMIS CAD++|Quindos7 CAD; Leitz Reference Xi 15.9.7

Comment

I have recently built a computer and it can handle alot, but I have written a program in the last few days so far 86 pages on my report alone<<still not done, To this point there are alot of Xactmeasure callouts and it has become painfully slow. So with that being said, it has crashed a couple of times, and just seems to be border line of doing it everytime. When I eliminated a few and reported Legacy it seems to regenerate a little life. So Xact does put some major strain on my overall program. So I don't know what to say, but will have to agree with the issue.
            (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
            They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by KIRBSTER269 View Post
              I have recently built a computer and it can handle alot, but I have written a program in the last few days so far 86 pages on my report alone<<still not done, To this point there are alot of Xactmeasure callouts and it has become painfully slow. So with that being said, it has crashed a couple of times, and just seems to be border line of doing it everytime. When I eliminated a few and reported Legacy it seems to regenerate a little life. So Xact does put some major strain on my overall program. So I don't know what to say, but will have to agree with the issue.
              Glad I am not the only one. So I take it from everyones replies the easiest work around is to ungroup (still causes crashes just less often) or use R2 until they send a fix?

Comment

Thank you, I was scratch my head what did i do wrong. So I am not alone too. Hexagon please fix the bug.
                Crash the whole program after a long cycle time ran, over and over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry_Nguyen View Post
                  Thank you, I was scratch my head what did i do wrong. So I am not alone too. Hexagon please fix the bug.
                  Crash the whole program after a long cycle time ran, over and over again.
                  If you redo the FCF dimension of the specific true position thats killing the program it won't repeat. Only works if you get to the dimensions before they execute, so I added a comment before them and F3'd them off so I could turn them on one by one to ensure It wouldnt crash. Takes forever but at least there are translatable results.

Comment

Originally posted by AverageInspector View Post

If you redo the FCF dimension of the specific true position thats killing the program it won't repeat. Only works if you get to the dimensions before they execute, so I added a comment before them and F3'd them off so I could turn them on one by one to ensure It wouldnt crash. Takes forever but at least there are translatable results.
                    I don't know how well or how strong your computer is, right click on "This PC" on your computer and click on properties, click on "Advanced system settings" under the "Advanced" Tab, click on settings under performance. Then click on "Adjust for Best performance" and hit Apply, and see if this helps any. If not you can switch it back, this just makes all colors kinda crummy for everything. Worth a try.
                    (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
                    They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

• Benedictj1
                      Benedictj1 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      it is a "drawing" operation on their end. doesnt really matter how great the PC is. Mine is a smok'n build and still slows down.....
                      Apexx S3_05 i9c cpu @ 3.7GHz 32 GB RAM NVIDIA Quadro RTX4000 graphics

I don't know how well or how strong your computer is, right click on "This PC" on your computer and click on properties, click on "Advanced system settings" under the "Advanced" Tab, click on settings under performance. Then click on "Adjust for Best performance" and hit Apply, and see if this helps any. If not you can switch it back, this just makes all colors kinda crummy for everything. Worth a try.
                    I will try that. thank you for the tip

Comment

Are you using any Graphical reporting? I was told they knew the graphics lagged because of how things are drawn, That was supposed to be why they went to lines instead of cylinders with arrow heads. I have resorted to staying with 2019R2 for now. Any old program I want to try, I save a copy (using the File/Operations) into the newer version folder. Named with the newer PC-DMIS version so I dont accidently try to open it with an older version and get the "serialization error"....
                      sigpicTAU ALPHA PI INDIANA DELTA CHAPTER
                      "Due to the highly confidential nature of my job, I am not allowed to know what I am doing" - author unknown

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
                        KIRBSTER269 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I knew it was on their end, it always is. My PC has an AMD Ryzen 9 3900x 12 core. Base speed 4.00 Ghz got it overclocked at 4.2 Ghz 64 Gb Memory 3200Mhz, got that overclocked at 3600 Mhz. Radeon Pro WX 9100 32 GB of Video <<<can't overclock that. Everything on the PC fly's, except good old PC-DMIS

So, has anyone reported the bug with grouped FCF's?
                      PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP11

Comment

• AverageInspector
                        Editing a comment
                        I was recommended to report it, and made a case for it. Got tired of waiting for them to assign someone to the case and just gave up. Turned on R2 for the meantime.

• Don Ruggieri
                        Don Ruggieri commented
                        Editing a comment
                        If you can get me a copy of such a routine, I will at least try it myself and make sure it gets logged. If you can repeat it on the demo block, it would be even better, so I can run it locally. Make it as simple as possible while still showing the issue. Alternatively send me something and I will try to minimize it myself.

Any updates from this? Have an open case that theyre going to remote in and see what's wrong. Has anyone had any better luck?

Comment

widgetinstance 190 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X