over current error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• over current error

We just got a new(to us) CMM from a sister company. It's a 2014 model Global Advantage 09-15-08. It was set up a week and a half ago and has been running fine. I tried to start it up this morning and when PC-DMIS tried to connect to the controller I got this error. I've shut everything back down and even unplugged everything for 15 minutes, but keep getting this when PC-DMIS starts up. The controller seems fine up til then. The CMM will move and then when I start PC-DMIS it beeps once, the lights go off, and this pops up.

CMM over current error.png
    Any ideas? We'll be contacting Hexagon shortly, but it would be awesome if there was a quick fix.
    Last edited by Schrocknroll; 02-22-2021, 07:41 AM.
    PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Probably a short on the servo somewhere? check your cables for damage or exposed connections with something ( debris) making a connection...??
    Are the air bearing surfaces free of debris or moisture? overcurrent can be from resistance to the motor from friction in one of the axis.
    could also be a bad motorvator.....
    bad motorvator.JPG
    Last edited by Benedictj1; 02-22-2021, 08:13 AM.
    sigpicTAU ALPHA PI INDIANA DELTA CHAPTER
    "Due to the highly confidential nature of my job, I am not allowed to know what I am doing" - author unknown

Comment

The first message that pops up is asking what's the currently loaded probe. Our Hexagon Tech said to try telling it no probe is attached. I did that and it homed without a problem. He felt it might be a corrupted probe so I deleted and rebuilt the probe file with the same result.

I tried using a different probe with the same result.

I removed the probe, put it back in the rack, and tried to get CMM to go to the rack with no probe installed. As soon as the CMM tried to move, the same error happened.

I borrowed a LSPX1M_T from one of the other CMMs and built a new probe in PC-DMIS to match. I added the exact OPTIONPROBE settings that are used on the CMM I borrowed the module from. As soon as the CMM was about to move to calibrate, the same error happened.

That's where I'm at now.
      PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

If it is in the head, it may be a cable in the Z that is loose or damaged. was the machine exposed to high humidity in the travel to your facility? The machine was calibrated at install right? No problems then?
        Is your Probe rack wired? only happens when going to the rack? Can you execute a routine without a probe change?
        "Due to the highly confidential nature of my job, I am not allowed to know what I am doing" - author unknown

Comment

With further testing I can say it only happens once a Loadprobe command is executed.
          I've been on the phone with the service tech who installed and calibrated it. He is suggesting a service call now.
          PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

Please let us know what it actually is.

Comment

I left the CMM controller powered down overnight using the main power switch so everything was off. I came in this morning and it's working fine.

We had just received a quote for around $8000 to replace a power supply module. I hope it stays fixed.
              PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Schrocknroll View Post
                I left the CMM controller powered down overnight using the main power switch so everything was off. I came in this morning and it's working fine.

We had just received a quote for around $8000 to replace a power supply module. I hope it stays fixed.
                For $8K, I hope it corrected itself too!

Comment

Out of curiosity, what is you acceleration set to? Also, you docking speed?

Comment

l'd say, maybe the operator was over working the machine, but then I realized it was Schrocknroll, so that couldn't be the problem, Not that I'm not saying this could be the problem, but if you have an inhouse electrician, have him check and see if the outlet is properly grounded, I have heard of serge in electrical if not properly grounded.
                    (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
                    They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by KIRBSTER269 View Post
                      l'd say, maybe the operator was over working the machine, but then I realized it was Schrocknroll, so that couldn't be the problem, Not that I'm not saying this could be the problem, but if you have an inhouse electrician, have him check and see if the outlet is properly grounded, I have heard of serge in electrical if not properly grounded.
                      I've never been accused of over working, so that's not the issue.
                      The Hex Tech who installed it checked the outlet before plugging his laser into it, so he assured me that's ok.
                      PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
                        KIRBSTER269 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Just trying to save you $8000 for something that should be around $250 at the most
                    widgetinstance 190 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X