Assign a True Position Out of Tolerance Value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assign a True Position Out of Tolerance Value

I'm checking 8 holes that call for a true position for each individual hole. I selected all 8 holes for my report so it shows all the diameters in 1 section and the graphic display in the other section and so on. I'm also working with assignments to send measurements to a .csv file. How do I get each out of tolerance value for each hole if there is only 1 true position callout? Do I just callout each hole and get it over with? Also what if a diameter fails for size but the position is good? How can I assign those values separately? Do I dimension size and position separately?

Can you post a screenshot of the callout?
    Remembering my beautiful wife Taz who's life was lost on 6-13-2020. I love you and I miss you.

Comment

Originally posted by acgarcia View Post
      I'm checking 8 holes that call for a true position for each individual hole. I selected all 8 holes for my report so it shows all the diameters in 1 section and the graphic display in the other section and so on. I'm also working with assignments to send measurements to a .csv file. How do I get each out of tolerance value for each hole if there is only 1 true position callout? Do I just callout each hole and get it over with? Also what if a diameter fails for size but the position is good? How can I assign those values separately? Do I dimension size and position separately?
      Which version are you working with?

If you are 2020R1 and below, you can use the GETTEXT command. For size, you can pull straight from the feature. For TP measurement, assign a variable and use GETTEXT(688,1,{DIMENSION_ID}). Change the "1" to "2" for the next variable to find the 2 feature's TP measurement. For out of tolerance, you can try number 766.

With 2020R2+, you will need to use DIMENSION_ID.SEGMENT[1].FEATURE[1].MEAS, where you would change the feature's bracket number to the feature you want to export. Then you would just change the syntax at the end from .MEAS to .OUTTOL.

You can find all these numbers in the help file by searching "A List of Available Data Types".
      Last edited by bfire85; 02-22-2021, 08:41 AM.

Comment

+1

B&S CHAMELEON/PCDMIS CAD++ V2011

There are no bugs, only "UNDOCUMENTED ENHANCEMENTS!"

sigpic

Comment

bfire85 , i'm running 2019 R1, thanks for that tip. I would have never figured that out. Do you happen to know what LINE2_ means?

Comment

Originally posted by acgarcia View Post
            bfire85 , i'm running 2019 R1, thanks for that tip. I would have never figured that out. Do you happen to know what LINE2_ means?
            Yes. If you hover over a measurement in the report window, it will tell you what label the report is using. You can use "LINE2_MEAS" or "LINE2_OUTTOL" instead of the number to get a measurement number.

Comment