How do you probe a cylinder 'top to bottom'...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you probe a cylinder 'top to bottom'...

Hi all,

Another stupid question from the FOG. How do you probe a cylinder (hole) top to bottom? The default in PC-DMIS seems to be 'bottom to top' and our operators HATE it. I don't see a way to reverse it.

How I miss AVAIL...NOT! LOL!

TIA,
    The FOG
    Go NAVY!

flip the vector? probe a circle on top and then probe a circle on bottom and then construct the cylinder?

Comment

• FOG_Carter
      FOG_Carter commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not sure that would work as expected. It would certainly go against our standard SOP though.

If the operators hate it you are doing your job.Keep up the good work. When I check a part on the 1st hole I will usually do a find hole so this will verify the part is loaded in the correct orientation ( we do allot of mirrored parts ) . Once this is done, everything else should be in line, based on method of manufacturing of course.

Comment

• FOG_Carter
      FOG_Carter commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL! I try to keep them on their toes. We use fixtures at known locations and just a single teach point to get a rough alignment into the part. But the issue is that cylinders are always probed from the deepest part first then move up to the shallowest portion, they'd like to it do the opposite, probe shallow, then probe deepest. They feel it's safer. We do both as shown and opposites.
widgetinstance 190 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X