which mode to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which mode to use?

Could someone explain the different type of modes and how to get into them?
    I am currently switching between 4.0 pcdlrn and 4.1 online, not really sure what the difference is. they both seem to work although 4.1 feels a little more buggy. After reading other posts, should I be in 'online mode' for both of them?

thanks for any help.

Originally posted by simtrade View Post
    Could someone explain the different type of modes and how to get into them?
    I am currently switching between 4.0 pcdlrn and 4.1 online, not really sure what the difference is. they both seem to work although 4.1 feels a little more buggy. After reading other posts, should I be in 'online mode' for both of them?

thanks for any help.
    There are only 2 modes for Pcdmis, online and offline. IF you are checking parts, you are online. There are 2 different ways of being online, operator mode and full-option (for lack of a better word) mode.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

4.0 and 4.1 are different versions of the software. They will each have online, offline, and operator modes hidden away on the computer somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
        4.0 and 4.1 are different versions of the software. They will each have online, offline, and operator modes hidden away on the computer somewhere.
        They would be in the START MENU, probably under Pcdmis *SOMETHING*. The OFFLINE mode will not show in the menu UNLESS you paid the outrageous extra cash for OFFLINE. However, you can use 'offlie' (which is really a background editor) with the ONLINE Pcdmis, if it is the first program you open, you can select ONLINE of OFFLINE as the interface on the OPEN dialog box. If you have a program already open (online) then the enxt one you open will be OFFLINE. NOW, at this point, it may appear to you that you can NOT open another program. If you are looking at the 'offline' program, OPEN isn't an option (at least, not in V3.7 MR3), but if you toggle back to the ONLINE program, you can open another program 'offline', and keep going. I have had as many as 4 offline open at once.
        sigpic
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
          They would be in the START MENU, probably under Pcdmis *SOMETHING*. The OFFLINE mode will not show in the menu UNLESS you paid the outrageous extra cash for OFFLINE. However, you can use 'offline' (which is really a background editor) with the ONLINE Pcdmis, if it is the first program you open, you can select ONLINE of OFFLINE as the interface on the OPEN dialog box. If you have a program already open (online) then the enxt one you open will be OFFLINE. NOW, at this point, it may appear to you that you can NOT open another program. If you are looking at the 'offline' program, OPEN isn't an option (at least, not in V3.7 MR3), but if you toggle back to the ONLINE program, you can open another program 'offline', and keep going. I have had as many as 4 offline open at once.
          Matt should mention that it is a bad idea to open a program offline while one is running dcc online.

Comment

Matt should mention that it is a bad idea to open a program offline while one is running dcc online.
            Well, usually only when scanning, I have never had a problem opening one up in offline while the machine was running online EXCEPT when doing scans.

ALSO, do NOT calibrate a tip in a program while you have another program open in 'offline' that uses the same tip. BAM! It tears you up and you will loose the calibration. I have not had any other issues, it just looses the calibration when you close the offline program (the offline program saves what IT had).
            sigpic

Comment

Well, usually only when scanning, I have never had a problem opening one up in offline while the machine was running online EXCEPT when doing scans.

ALSO, do NOT calibrate a tip in a program while you have another program open in 'offline' that uses the same tip. BAM! It tears you up and you will loose the calibration. I have not had any other issues, it just looses the calibration when you close the offline program (the offline program saves what IT had).
              I have had problems - well only once - I received a lesson on making equipment useful in the capture of lungless, finned animals. Since then, I have not tried it.

Comment

I have had problems - well only once - I received a lesson on making equipment useful in the capture of lungless, finned animals. Since then, I have not tried it.
                Aaaahhhhh, FISH HOOKS! Ya gotta love 'em. Hey, you SHOULD keep a couple fish hooks with your tips, they DO come in handy sometimes. I have used one before (yes, on PURPOSE) to make a check I was doing easier.
                sigpic

Comment

thank you everyone, it seems that I must have 'online' actuated for both versions since measuring parts is possible. Also, if memory serves me (yikes), we have lost or messed up a calibration not knowing that 'offline' was turned on, now I know why!

Comment

Aaaahhhhh, FISH HOOKS! Ya gotta love 'em. Hey, you SHOULD keep a couple fish hooks with your tips, they DO come in handy sometimes. I have used one before (yes, on PURPOSE) to make a check I was doing easier.
                    I've only made 4 or 5 and two of those were an attempt with a tip with a carbide shank. They don't so much bend as explode and send pieces flying. So, I've really only made 2 or 3. I ruined the threads on all of them. I don't do things half @ssed!

Comment