Looking for help with an ISO callout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for help with an ISO callout

Hey all! Looking to see if anyone can give me insight into this ISO callout. Its an automotive spring seat. This callout has all the appropriate X, Y & Z basic dimensions. Note that Point X & Point Y are on a different surface than Point Z. These are on the opposite side of the parts Datum A but the plane is 6 degrees different to Datum A. Datum B-B is a unique combined cylinder (UF 3x Ø 60.9 +0.2, |PERP|Ø0.3(m)|A|. I am inclined to report the position of the U/D surface. It's just that I'm unsure how to apply the diametrical tolerance. And to boot, the no tolerance Perp callout. I am waiting on return communication from the customer for clarification. I also asked elsewhere, so I figured I would ask here also. ISO_CALLOUT.JPG
    Horizontals - Dual Arm 40-17-21 / Single Arm 30-14-16 - PCD 2013MR1 (64bit)

The "no tolerance perp callout" is a direction feature indicator. Meaning - if I interpret this correctly - the tolerance zone is/shall be perpendicular to datum A.

Originally posted by ISO 1101
    Direction features shall be used to orientate the direction of the width of the tolerance zone when the
    toleranced feature is an integral feature and the local width of the tolerance zone is not perpendicular
    to the surface. In addition, for roundness of revolute surfaces that are neither cylindrical nor spherical,
    a direction feature shall always be used to indicate the direction of the width of the tolerance zone.
    In 2D, the orientation of the leader line shall define the direction of the width of the tolerance zone only
    when the orientation of the leader line and therefore the direction of the width of the tolerance zone is
    indicated by a TED, see Figure 85 a).
    PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP11

Comment

I would say that the perp to A is useless here, because A is the primary, so the tol zone is perp to A by definition...
      In addition, the toleranced feature is the axis, not the surface, so it's not in the "rules"...

15.4 - Rules
      A direction feature shall be indicated when
      the toleranced feature is an integral feature, and
      — the width of the tolerance zone is not normal to the specified geometry, or
      — a roundness specification is applied to a revolute surface that is neither cylindrical nor spherical
      Last edited by JEFMAN; 02-11-2021, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JEFMAN View Post
        I would say that the perp to A is useless here, because A is the primary, so the tol zone is perp to A by definition...
        In addition, the toleranced feature is the axis, not the surface, so it's not in the "rules"...

15.4 - Rules
        A direction feature shall be indicated when
        the toleranced feature is an integral feature, and
        — the width of the tolerance zone is not normal to the specified geometry, or
        — a roundness specification is applied to a revolute surface that is neither cylindrical nor spherical
        I think the perp is intended to direct the tolerance zone as the points in question are on a surface that is 6 degree shift from A, say in X axis only. So I am thinking the u/d tolerance zone is perp to A, which is square with the z axis . So basically a profile back to the A plane, just the tolerance zone is square with Z.
        Horizontals - Dual Arm 40-17-21 / Single Arm 30-14-16 - PCD 2013MR1 (64bit)

Comment