Auto Cylinder THEO K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Cylinder THEO K

When creating an auto cylinder along Z, I see that each hit has a THEO K value that is not equal to 0. Is there a known reason for this?

EDIT: When I reset it, it goes back to 0. I'm assuming that the THEO K values adjust to hit normal to the surface in the current alignment?
    Last edited by JacobCheverie; 02-10-2021, 11:00 AM.

Is the vector of the cylinder is exactly <0,0,1> or <0,0,-1>? Sounds like a bug because that wouldn't be hitting normal to the surface

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Ruff View Post
      Is the vector of the cylinder is exactly <0,0,1> or <0,0,-1>? Sounds like a bug because that wouldn't be hitting normal to the surface
      The K values of the individual hits would be 0 because the hits are perpendicular to the vector of the cylinder.

Comment

The k value for the hits should be 0 if the vector of the bore is 0,0,1 OR 0,0,-1 If the k values aren't "0" you have an issue.

Sometimes depending on how the model was made, I'll have vectors that are something stupid like 0,0,1.000001578. You can... 1) adjust your displayprecision to show less decimal places, maybe this will clean it up...2) As you program, pay close attention to the vectors popping up and over-ride them to "perfect"...3) Get a different model. One that tessellates better when you import it into the demon. I get iges files, every once in a while the model is s#itty (surface missing or something) so I'll get a stp file instead and all will be well.
        SF7107(PCD), SF454(PCD), 152614(Quindos), 9159(Quindos), 7107(Quindos), B&S Manual, M&M Gear Checker

Comment

The K values were all 0 (the cylinder is <0, 0, 1>) until I ran the part. The THEO K values switched from 0 after running. I regenerated the cylinder and they went back.

KVal.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by JacobCheverie View Post
            The K values were all 0 (the cylinder is <0, 0, 1>) until I ran the part. The THEO K values switched from 0 after running. I regenerated the cylinder and they went back.

KVal.jpg
            Alignment or CAD issues maybe? I noticed that your Z depths of the individual hits are varying which would cause the K values to not be 0.

Comment

The values are all different from when I generated the auto cylinder. I will dig into this a little more when I have a few.

Comment