Machine Not Responding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine Not Responding

I am using a B&S global w/PH10T, PHC 10-2, sw ver 3.7. I shut down as usual last night, this morning I got a "Machine Not Responding" message at startup. I have checked all connections, power, e-stops and all else I could think of without a solution. All lights on the joystick are on with the exception of the mach. start, it is blinking. Air pressure is at 65 lbs and the filters are clean. I get no response to anything, no machine motion, no startup, nothing! Any suggestions?
    Eh?

OK, simple one, is the e-stop button on the joybox depressed (and I don't mean un-happy)?
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Yes, that was the first thing I checked.
      Eh?

Comment

Do you have switches to go from DCC to manual (switches for the air lock/drive system engagement)? If you do is one flipped up to manual?
        <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Originally posted by kevrac View Post
          Yes, that was the first thing I checked.
          OK, if it IS depressed (as you indicate), then you need to un-depress it, depressed is STOPPED, un-depressed is RUN MODE.
          sigpic
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

No the only place to switch is in the software.
            Eh?

Comment

The e-stops are NOT depressed, neither of them.
              Eh?

Comment

The e-stops are NOT depressed, neither of them.
                'K, it's always nice to have happy e-stops.

The next thing, do you USE the e-stops? Sometimes they go bad. Someone once posted on that very subject, his e-stop button 'came apart' inside and had to be 'put' back together.
                sigpic

Comment

No the only place to switch is in the software.
                  Not that switch. Some machines have a mechanical switch (yours may not) so that you can measure in manual mode. In other words the machine will "free float". What it does is disengage the drive system. If it is disengaged you won't get a machine start.
                  <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Occasionally, as I did last night. The joystick is fairly new, the jostick itself went bad last month and was replaced uner warranty, this machine is only 6 months old. Maybe that is the problem... ?
                    Eh?

Comment

No, my machine does not have that switch.
                      Eh?

Comment

Have you tried shutting it completly down again and then powering back up.
                        sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                          'K, it's always nice to have happy e-stops.

The next thing, do you USE the e-stops? Sometimes they go bad. Someone once posted on that very subject, his e-stop button 'came apart' inside and had to be 'put' back together.
                          That was me. Mine came apart such that when depressed it didn't stop the machine (brown trousers time!). It is conceivable that it could come apart so that it wouldn't release.

When you start up the software, watch very closely. Sometimes an error will flash on the screen for just a second then disappear and another error comes up. That happens with axis errors for me but I don't think you have an axis error.

Are you sure the controller is starting up? There is the machine controller and the probe head controller. One of those may not be starting up. They both have fuses built into the power switch. If you unplug the power cord, you can remove and check the fuses.

Comment

It seems as if the probe controller is not starting up, I will have to check the fuse.
                            Eh?

Comment

Yes, I have restarted the machine a couple of times. Same result.
                              Eh?

Comment