Program Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Program Mode

Is there a way for pcdmis to not ask if i want to move cursor to end of the program when enabling program mode....alt-F4 or better yet to just stay in program mode even if i execute a block of code using ctrl + L? I am programming offline.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MrMatt68; 01-27-2021, 03:05 PM.

What version of DMIS are you running?
    Remembering my beautiful wife Taz who's life was lost on 6-13-2020. I love you and I miss you.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMatt68 View Post
      Is there a way for pcdmis to not ask if i want to move cursor to end of the program when enabling program mode....alt-F4 or better yet to just stay in program mode even if i execute a block of code using ctrl + L? I am programming offline.
      I don't believe so.

There MIGHT be a registry setting you could turn off to stop that from popping up but I'm pretty sure that message is embedded within the software and when you updated to a new version of PCD (IF we figured out how to do this) you'd have to remember to keep doing it.
      SF7107(PCD), SF454(PCD), 152614(Quindos), 9159(Quindos), 7107(Quindos), B&S Manual, M&M Gear Checker

Comment

I found the entry in the settings editor. Its under Option and then "WarnCursorNotAtEOF", but I can't get it to work. I put 0 in as the value (default is 1) but no luck

Comment

• NinjaBadger
          NinjaBadger commented
          Editing a comment
          Think that setting refers to basic script execution.

Originally posted by MetsoMetrology View Post
        I found the entry in the settings editor. Its under Option and then "WarnCursorNotAtEOF", but I can't get it to work. I put 0 in as the value (default is 1) but no luck
        Sounds like this is one of those things that the demon does that our friend here will be forced to live with (unless Hex changes the software)
        SF7107(PCD), SF454(PCD), 152614(Quindos), 9159(Quindos), 7107(Quindos), B&S Manual, M&M Gear Checker

Comment

• MetsoMetrology
          MetsoMetrology commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah they're a bunch of teases over there at Hexagon

Maybe if you put the cursor in the right place it would stop popping up.
        (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
        They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

I've never used program mode.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
            I've never used program mode.
            Its nice to:

-Make a plane with weird hit patterns
            -Drag your probe across the screen to make movepoints

Comment

Originally posted by DAN_M View Post

Its nice to:

-Make a plane with weird hit patterns
              -Drag your probe across the screen to make movepoints
              When I program, it is a combination of online/offline.

(1) I almost never get cad files of the fixtures, and the rare cases where I do get one, the physical fixture doesn't match. It might be close, but not close enough to trust offline programming around
              (2) Since I 'never' get fixture cad files, I can't really program a part until I have the fixture

So, unless I get the fixture and the parts at the same time, I set up the fixture, make the alignment program, then map out the clamps, gates, etc., that would be in the way of checking the part. I can then 'sort of' program offline, sort of. I generate all the points and such, missing the obstacles (SPC, MATING SURFACE, NON-MATING SURFACE, TRIM, HOLES, SLOTS, in that order!), save that as a 'point order' file (for creating Datapage variable sets), then I start putting it into an 'intelligent' check order, 'dry running' around all the stuff on the fixture.

Sheet metal is a whole different world from 'chunk' parts, let me tell you.
              Last edited by Matthew D. Hoedeman; 01-28-2021, 11:15 AM.
              sigpic
              Originally posted by AndersI
              I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I use a macro on my 3-D mouse to have it go into program mode and automatically answer no when the assigned button is pressed.

Untitled.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by cdesmarest View Post
                  I use a macro on my 3-D mouse to have it go into program mode and automatically answer no when the assigned button is pressed.

Untitled.jpg
                  I have always wanted to try one of those. Are they worth it?

I have the standard 3d Connexion mouse (small circular one) and love it

Comment

Originally posted by cdesmarest View Post

Untitled.jpg
                    That's pretty slick!

Comment

Originally posted by DAN_M View Post

I have always wanted to try one of those. Are they worth it?

I have the standard 3d Connexion mouse (small circular one) and love it
                      I like the fact that you can program macros or shortcuts to the 1,2,3,4 (or any button). For some reason the top, front, right view buttons don't communicate with DMIS, they work with my CAD software though which I don't spend much time on. I typically go to my keyboard when using ctrl, alt, shift, esc so the only added bonuses from yours are the macros and the wrist rest! lol

Comment