How do you change the home position?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you change the home position?

I started a new job and they also recently updated to 2020. With that the machine homes each time before going to the probe change rack. The home position used to be at the back right of the cmm close to the rack. Now it travels to the front left of the machine. This is an issue because many if the programs have the probe positioned on the right side of the part for probe changes and it crashes into the part.

I am unfamiliar with the probe rack since I've never used one. Is there a way to remove the machine home before probe change? Also how do you change the home location so that it is the same across all programs?

Thanks in advance!

You should just change the "mount point" of the changer (it seems to be at (0,0,0)).
    Not sure that (mount point is the right term)

Comment

• cheesiechanman
      cheesiechanman commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. That seems to have done the trick for this program at least. I'll verify the others have changed as well.

Yeah put your probe where you want it to go before and after changing probes and then hit the mount point button in the probe changer options box (not sure which tab)

Comment

Tabs are Operation>Calibrate/Edit>Probe Changer

Comment

from core manual :
        probe changer.JPG

Comment