CAD by Reference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAD by Reference

IS there anyway to delete/remove a CAD by REFERENCE importation or are you screwed forever and ever by either keeping a CAD file around that you no longer use (with data or without, you still need to keep the file) or always getting the "CAD MODEL REF. FILE does not exist, wah, wah, wah, yada, yada, yada".
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

I deleted a CAD file accidentally in explorer and the program ran just fine without. Have you tried that?
    Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
    Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by dwade View Post
      I deleted a CAD file accidentally in explorer and the program ran just fine without. Have you tried that?

I have done it on purpose before. and they run ok
      sigpic

B&S Global 544
      Using 3.7mr3

Peace
      Greg

Nothin left ta dew but :) :) :) !

Comment

I am not saying that it won;t run, I don't want that [email protected] message to pop up everytime I open the program and I don't want the 'extra' cad file anymore. Typical of Pcdmis, you can't remove something you don't want anymore.
        sigpic
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I don't get a message poping up.
          sigpic

B&S Global 544
          Using 3.7mr3

Peace
          Greg

Nothin left ta dew but :) :) :) !

Comment

Matt,
            Just delete the .CAD file and it won't look for the reference any more. Are you referencing more than 1 file?
            sigpicYou're just jealous the voices talk to me.

Comment

Originally posted by DaddyBluto View Post
              Matt,
              Just delete the .CAD file and it won't look for the reference any more. Are you referencing more than 1 file?
              Nope, just one. Unfortunately, the cad file I was using had to be imported as a STEP file, and then I seperated the sides of stock and color-coded it for tolerancing. Then, I needed to 'see' the assembly, so I referenced the other file, but I only needed it for a little while, but now I am stuck with it, unless I want to take the time to re-do the sorting and color-coding. Just deleting the reference file gives me a pop-up everytime I open the file:

Last edited by Matthew D. Hoedeman; 10-29-2007, 01:10 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Matt,

Is it possible to turn off that message in the setup area? Some you can and some you can't, but I'd give it a look and see if you can kill it there.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill McCafferty View Post
                  Matt,

Is it possible to turn off that message in the setup area? Some you can and some you can't, but I'd give it a look and see if you can kill it there.

Bill
                  Nope, I could not find it in there (V3.7 MR3), but thanks for the suggestion.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hi Matt,
                    just delete (in Explorer) the .CAD-file of your partprogram (while that pp is not opened/used in the Demon), not the CAD-file of your reference.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by bitsandmore View Post
                      Hi Matt,
                      just delete (in Explorer) the .CAD-file of your partprogram (while that pp is not opened/used in the Demon), not the CAD-file of your reference.

HTH
                      Yep, already said, and as I said before, that would entail re-importing the STEP file (takes forever) and then re-sorting the data and re-coloring the data by tolerances. About 2 hours work for this file.
                      sigpic

Comment

Now I understand your prob and I'm able to reproduce it:
                        you had already imported a step file and merged that CAD with a CAD reference
                        file; after deletion of the referenced CAD-file you're not able to turn off that
                        error-msgbox, but after cancelling out the error, the old/prepared Step-Import
                        comes in fine.
                        In 3.7MR3 there's no way to bypass the error.

But in 4.2 you can (after also cancelling the error) go into CAD Assembly
                        and delete then the link to the missing CAD-reference (see attachment).

after all do a backsave to V3.7 and the error should be history!

HTH
                        Attached Files

Comment