Using manual alingment only if the parts is not at the usual place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using manual alingment only if the parts is not at the usual place

Hi everyone, this is my first post here.

I don't have a lot of experiences in programming on CMM. I want to only use DCC alingment beacause operators are "scared" to use the CMM even with a training course. As the part is always at the same place and as I know the coordonate of the parts in the CMM coordonate system, it's working very well but I have to figured out a way to let the operator do a manual alingment if the parts is not at it usual place.

I try to do it with a comment to ask if the part at the right place and two if statement, one if the answer is Yes to go in DCC and one if it's No to go in manual, but as I have experienced it and readed it here, PCDMIS only use the last alingment he saw, so even if the answer is Yes the CMM go to measure the parts with the manual alignment where the parts is not at the usual place.

So, I don't know what I can do to make it work, did you guys have already done something like this or know how to do ?

Benj

Yes, external alignments paired with flow control.

I highly recommend you get formal education from Hexagon. There is SO much information you're lacking that I fear it would be counterproductive for us to begin trying to explain this stuff to you on this website. Hope this info was taken positively, just trying to be honest.

SF7107(PCD), SF454(PCD), 152614(Quindos), 9159(Quindos), 7107(Quindos), B&S Manual, M&M Gear Checker

Comment

• Darrollh
      Darrollh commented
      Editing a comment
      I would do a read point. If you need help with that, I can write up some instructions for you. With a read point, all the operator has to do is move the probe where you want them to. Then, dcc will do the rest.

I just created a quick generic alignment, you will just add the comment and the if_goto to the top of your program and the label under your manual alignment

Code:
    [I][B]C3[/B][/I] =COMMENT/[B]YESNO[/B],NO,FULL SCREEN=NO,AUTO-CONTINUE=NO,
    IS THE PART IN THE RIGHT LOCATION?
    IF_GOTO/[I][B]C3.INPUT[/B][/I]=="YES",GOTO = [I][B]L3[/B][/I]
    MODE/MANUAL
    PNT4 =FEAT/CONTACT/VECTOR POINT/DEFAULT,CARTESIAN
    THEO/<0,0,0>,<0,1,0>
    ACTL/<0,0,0>,<0,1,0>
    TARG/<0,0,0>,<0,1,0>
    SHOW FEATURE PARAMETERS=NO
    SHOW CONTACT PARAMETERS=NO
    PNT5 =FEAT/CONTACT/VECTOR POINT/DEFAULT,CARTESIAN
    THEO/<0.1,0,0>,<0,1,0>
    ACTL/<0.1,0,0>,<0,1,0>
    TARG/<0.1,0,0>,<0,1,0>
    PNT6 =FEAT/CONTACT/VECTOR POINT/DEFAULT,CARTESIAN
    THEO/<0.1,0.1,0>,<0,1,0>
    ACTL/<0.1,0.1,0>,<0,1,0>
    TARG/<0.1,0.1,0>,<0,1,0>
    PNT7 =FEAT/CONTACT/VECTOR POINT/DEFAULT,CARTESIAN
    THEO/<0.1,0,-0.1>,<0,1,0>
    ACTL/<0.1,0,-0.1>,<0,1,0>
    TARG/<0.1,0,-0.1>,<0,1,0>
    PNT8 =FEAT/CONTACT/VECTOR POINT/DEFAULT,CARTESIAN
    THEO/<0,0,-0.1>,<0,1,0>
    ACTL/<0,0,-0.1>,<0,1,0>
    TARG/<0,0,-0.1>,<0,1,0>
    PNT9 =FEAT/CONTACT/VECTOR POINT/DEFAULT,CARTESIAN
    THEO/<-0.1,0,-0.1>,<0,1,0>
    ACTL/<-0.1,0,-0.1>,<0,1,0>
    TARG/<-0.1,0,-0.1>,<0,1,0>
    PLN1 =FEAT/PLANE,CARTESIAN,TRIANGLE,NO,LEAST_SQR
    THEO/<0.0667,0.0333,0>,<0,0,1>
    ACTL/<0.0667,0.0333,0>,<0,0,1>
    CONSTR/PLANE,BF,PNT4,PNT5,PNT6,,
    OUTLIER_REMOVAL/OFF,3
    FILTER/OFF,WAVELENGTH=0
    LIN1 =FEAT/LINE,CARTESIAN,UNBOUNDED,NO
    THEO/<0,0,-0.1>,<1,0,0>
    ACTL/<0,0,-0.1>,<1,0,0>
    CONSTR/LINE,BF,3D,PNT8,PNT7,,
    OUTLIER_REMOVAL/OFF,3
    FILTER/OFF,WAVELENGTH=0
    A2 =ALIGNMENT/START,RECALL:A1,LIST=YES
    ALIGNMENT/LEVEL,ZPLUS,PLN1
    ALIGNMENT/TRANS,ZAXIS,PLN1
    ALIGNMENT/ROTATE,XPLUS,TO,LIN1,ABOUT,ZPLUS
    ALIGNMENT/TRANS,YAXIS,LIN1
    ALIGNMENT/TRANS,XAXIS,PNT9
    ALIGNMENT/END
    [I][B]L3[/B][/I] =LABEL/
    MODE/DCC

Comment

Benj21 , if you are running 2020 R1 or newer, look at the example routines on the discover tab of the homepage, there is an example of how to do a readpoint alignment.
      Neil Challinor
      PC-DMIS Product Owner

T: +44 870 446 2667 (Hexagon UK office)
      E: [email protected]

Comment

• Benj21
        Benj21 commented
        Editing a comment
        I use the 2017 R1 version

If your operators are going to be 'scared', then you gotta train 'em on operating the jogbox. Then... either show 'em to move the machine to a close readpoint OR where to take a hit.
      (in the operator comment - use full screen with insert media)
      six of one - a half dozen of the other.
      Once that readpoint/hit is done, they should be able to calm down and go have a smoke - or grab some coffee. Then It's all on your program to make everyone happy

Comment

• louisd
        louisd commented
        Editing a comment
        CTL+G is your friend!

+1 What Sealevel said

B&S CHAMELEON/PCDMIS CAD++ V2011

There are no bugs, only "UNDOCUMENTED ENHANCEMENTS!"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DAN_M View Post
        Yes, external alignments paired with flow control.

I highly recommend you get formal education from Hexagon. There is SO much information you're lacking that I fear it would be counterproductive for us to begin trying to explain this stuff to you on this website. Hope this info was taken positively, just trying to be honest.
        Unfortunatly my internship is over next Friday so I don't think my boss will do that for me. I only have a manual for the basics.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserJay View Post
          I just created a quick generic alignment, you will just add the comment and the if_goto to the top of your program and the label under your manual alignment

Code:
          [I][B]C3[/B][/I] =COMMENT/[B]YESNO[/B],NO,FULL SCREEN=NO,AUTO-CONTINUE=NO,
          IS THE PART IN THE RIGHT LOCATION?
          IF_GOTO/[I][B]C3.INPUT[/B][/I]=="YES",GOTO = [I][B]L3[/B][/I]
          MODE/MANUAL
          PNT4 =FEAT/CONTACT/VECTOR POINT/DEFAULT,CARTESIAN
          THEO/<0,0,0>,<0,1,0>
          ACTL/<0,0,0>,<0,1,0>
          TARG/<0,0,0>,<0,1,0>
          PNT5 =FEAT/CONTACT/VECTOR POINT/DEFAULT,CARTESIAN
          THEO/<0.1,0,0>,<0,1,0>
          ACTL/<0.1,0,0>,<0,1,0>
          TARG/<0.1,0,0>,<0,1,0>
          PNT6 =FEAT/CONTACT/VECTOR POINT/DEFAULT,CARTESIAN
          THEO/<0.1,0.1,0>,<0,1,0>
          ACTL/<0.1,0.1,0>,<0,1,0>
          TARG/<0.1,0.1,0>,<0,1,0>
          PNT7 =FEAT/CONTACT/VECTOR POINT/DEFAULT,CARTESIAN
          THEO/<0.1,0,-0.1>,<0,1,0>
          ACTL/<0.1,0,-0.1>,<0,1,0>
          TARG/<0.1,0,-0.1>,<0,1,0>
          PNT8 =FEAT/CONTACT/VECTOR POINT/DEFAULT,CARTESIAN
          THEO/<0,0,-0.1>,<0,1,0>
          ACTL/<0,0,-0.1>,<0,1,0>
          TARG/<0,0,-0.1>,<0,1,0>
          PNT9 =FEAT/CONTACT/VECTOR POINT/DEFAULT,CARTESIAN
          THEO/<-0.1,0,-0.1>,<0,1,0>
          ACTL/<-0.1,0,-0.1>,<0,1,0>
          TARG/<-0.1,0,-0.1>,<0,1,0>
          PLN1 =FEAT/PLANE,CARTESIAN,TRIANGLE,NO,LEAST_SQR
          THEO/<0.0667,0.0333,0>,<0,0,1>
          ACTL/<0.0667,0.0333,0>,<0,0,1>
          CONSTR/PLANE,BF,PNT4,PNT5,PNT6,,
          OUTLIER_REMOVAL/OFF,3
          FILTER/OFF,WAVELENGTH=0
          LIN1 =FEAT/LINE,CARTESIAN,UNBOUNDED,NO
          THEO/<0,0,-0.1>,<1,0,0>
          ACTL/<0,0,-0.1>,<1,0,0>
          CONSTR/LINE,BF,3D,PNT8,PNT7,,
          OUTLIER_REMOVAL/OFF,3
          FILTER/OFF,WAVELENGTH=0
          A2 =ALIGNMENT/START,RECALL:A1,LIST=YES
          ALIGNMENT/LEVEL,ZPLUS,PLN1
          ALIGNMENT/TRANS,ZAXIS,PLN1
          ALIGNMENT/ROTATE,XPLUS,TO,LIN1,ABOUT,ZPLUS
          ALIGNMENT/TRANS,YAXIS,LIN1
          ALIGNMENT/TRANS,XAXIS,PNT9
          ALIGNMENT/END
          [I][B]L3[/B][/I] =LABEL/
          MODE/DCC
          If I understand you're programm If my part is'nt at the usual place it will go with the manual alingment but if it is at the right place it will pass it by going to the label and do the DCC alingment but it will have to measure the part (actually it is a plane on the fixture of the parts (I don't know if it is the right word I want to say the assembly where the part is) and 3 circle on the part itself) so it the CMM will go measure the part where it is not ?

Comment

Originally posted by sealevel View Post
            If your operators are going to be 'scared', then you gotta train 'em on operating the jogbox. Then... either show 'em to move the machine to a close readpoint OR where to take a hit.
            (in the operator comment - use full screen with insert media)
            six of one - a half dozen of the other.
            Once that readpoint/hit is done, they should be able to calm down and go have a smoke - or grab some coffee. Then It's all on your program to make everyone happy
            That what is already done in the company, we use detail picture to show where you have to hit the part but the boss find it is too long for them to do it so it impact the productivity. For that I made 3D Print fixture to only have to put the part on it and don't use a lot screws or whatever. But I have to go further in the simplification of the control by making it whithout touching the jogbox.

That why I have to do it, but I actually 100% agree with you.

By the way, sorry if I don't express me easily, but I'm French and english so not my cup of tee and if you add technical vocab it's even harder, and I really thanks everyone to trying to help me.

Comment

Originally posted by Benj21 View Post

That what is already done in the company, we use detail picture to show where you have to hit the part but the boss find it is too long for them to do it so it impact the productivity. For that I made 3D Print fixture to only have to put the part on it and don't use a lot screws or whatever. But I have to go further in the simplification of the control by making it whithout touching the jogbox.

That why I have to do it, but I actually 100% agree with you.

By the way, sorry if I don't express me easily, but I'm French and english so not my cup of tee and if you add technical vocab it's even harder, and I really thanks everyone to trying to help me.
              If you're boss doesn't understand that asking someone without CMM training be a CMM programmer is actually a HUGE impact to his productivity, he was doomed from the start. =(

The other members have posted some good examples above, read points are where people usually go after mastering basic alignments
              SF7107(PCD), SF454(PCD), 152614(Quindos), 9159(Quindos), 7107(Quindos), B&S Manual, M&M Gear Checker

Comment

If you're boss doesn't understand that asking someone without CMM training be a CMM programmer is actually a HUGE impact to his productivity, he was doomed from the start. =(

The other members have posted some good examples above, read points are where people usually go after mastering basic alignments
                That's the point but is kind of stubborn and decide to did this, so I don't have the choice.

I'll check that!

Comment

That's the point but is kind of stubborn and decide to did this, so I don't have the choice.

I'll check that!
                  We'll do our best to help! Goodluck friend

Comment

Readpoints will be a nice alternative for not taking hits on the parts and do the first alingment but the operator will still have to use the jogbox. I will give it a try, even if it's dosn't ok for the boss it would be nice to use for others programms.

Comment

I try to use readpoints, only one and then set it for origin of X,Y and Z in an alingment to go into DCC after that but it dos'nt work well. I asume I did something wrong but don't know what.

Comment

I try to use readpoints, only one and then set it for origin of X,Y and Z in an alingment to go into DCC after that but it dos'nt work well. I asume I did something wrong but don't know what.
                        Please share your code so we can see what you did

Comment