Machine Fan Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine Fan Speed

Does anyone know if there is a way to turn the fan speed down on my controller?
    Our maintenance guy recently replaced the fan on our Brown and Sharpe controller because the bearing went out (It sounded like someone running a blender) and he replaced it with a fan that I swear is running 3x faster than it needs to be. We went from sounding like a blender to sounding like we are taking off to light speed. And it is so loud in the small room it is in now.

Perhaps there is a way in the settings editor or something?

Not that I am aware of. It's a fan. Usually those only go one speed, unless there is a switch on it that is adjustable, like below.

255381_400x400.jpg

Comment

hqdefault38-300x225.jpg
      (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
      They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

• A-machine-insp
        A-machine-insp commented
        Editing a comment
        KIRBSTER269 Replies like this are why you have the number of posts you have... ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

• KIRBSTER269
        KIRBSTER269 commented
        Editing a comment
        A-machine-insp I thought this was very helpful, 2 speeds.

• A-machine-insp
        A-machine-insp commented
        Editing a comment
        KIRBSTER269 Helpful ish... It's a stretch but I'll give it to ya.

Did he replace it with the exact same fan? If it is not the same, it could run faster or slower due to the motor windings.

Another thing to consider is maybe it is trying to take off and get the *h e l l* away from you...
      Remembering my beautiful wife Taz who's life was taken from me on 6-13-2020. I love you and I miss you.

Comment

• LaserJay
        LaserJay commented
        Editing a comment
        Probably not the same exact fan.

Lol I bet that is it

Originally posted by bfire85 View Post
      Not that I am aware of. It's a fan. Usually those only go one speed, unless there is a switch on it that is adjustable, like below.

255381_400x400.jpg
      All the fans on my PC are adjustable. I was just hopeful. Maybe I will gripe and get him to change it again.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserJay View Post

All the fans on my PC are adjustable. I was just hopeful. Maybe I will gripe and get him to change it again.
        As much as I gripe about legitimate issues at my job, this department should be running like a friggin top. Alas, either nothing happens, we get it 2 years after griping started, or I buy/fix it myself.

Back to the original topic... We have a bigger B&S CMM here that the fan was doing the same thing. My boss had me open the controller up and get the fan out so he could order the correct one and I could replace it. Luckily enough the fan model number was on the old fan (15 year old fan) and we were able to get the right one. I reinstalled it and it's quiet as can be.
        Remembering my beautiful wife Taz who's life was taken from me on 6-13-2020. I love you and I miss you.

Comment

Bose Quiet Comfort 35 will fix your issue.
          PcDmis 2015.1 SP10 CAD++
          Global 7-10-7 DC800S

Comment

• LaserJay
            LaserJay commented
            Editing a comment
            Man I wish! I am not allowed to wear headphones

• Kp61dude!
            Kp61dude! commented
            Editing a comment
            First time being able to wear some EVER and yeah it's very nice! (can't wear them out in the shop for safety reasons).