Need help setting up camera for offline programming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help setting up camera for offline programming

I know this is the wrong forum for vision CMM questions, but nobody ever responds or looks at the vision forum. So I understand if this gets moved. I am trying to do some offline programming in vision but the lighting features fail to show up on my auto features. I am wondering if this is normal. I do have offline programming on my license server.

download.jpg
    (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
    They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

• sealevel
      sealevel commented
      Editing a comment
      Kirby... your company always get you the best premium pedigree stuff

Originally posted by gszpot View Post
    I know this is the wrong forum for vision CMM questions, but nobody ever responds or looks at the vision forum. So I understand if this gets moved. I am trying to do some offline programming in vision but the lighting features fail to show up on my auto features. I am wondering if this is normal. I do have offline programming on my license server.
    Do you have vision attached to your offline seat? What version of the software are you running?

If so, did you copy over your vision probe from your online seat to your offline seat?

Comment

• gszpot
      gszpot commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I do have offline seat of Vision. And I did copy over my probe from the online seat.
      However when programming I am unable to set any lighting parameters. I am unsure if this is normal or not being this is my first attempt at offline vision programming.
      Last edited by gszpot; 01-12-2021, 09:25 AM.

gszpot

Is the search path for probes located in the correct spot?

One other thing to do is go to: C:\Program Files\Hexagon\PC-DMIS {current version}\ folder and locate the interfac.dll file. Copy it. Then change the extension on the original from .dll to .old. This may help you access vision parameters that you may not currently see.

Comment

Like bfire said..... do you have a camera in your probes list? If not.... just make something 'vision' to see if your demon will bite the bait.
      Also - In Edit| Preferences|Machine Interface setup see if you have:

mach.png and.... mach_illum.png

AND of course.... open your license to see if you have Vision in your OFFline license like below or if not, then no fun allowed!

Vision_fun.png

Comment

• gszpot
        gszpot commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks sealevel and others. In machine interface setup, on the Illumination tab, I turned on, top center and ring lights. Now everything seems to be there. Thanks guys.
        Now I can stop waiting for hexagon and close my case.