Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Construct a plane parallel to another

Hello,

I don't understand how to construct a plane parallel to another at a "certain" distance. (In franglish in the text...)

For example, I'd like to construct a plane parallel to "PLN1" at 50mm. I found the option "parallel", but I don't know how to set the distance.

We found how to create a plane with "Offset", but we can create the plane only with offset on X, Y or Z.

Our difficulty is that "PLN1" is not parallel to X, Y, Z (Foundry part).

Could you help us please ?

Thank you very much,

Guillaume
    Born to teach... but have all to learn http://www.guillaume-martin.fr/ecole/ !

(Windows NT / PC-DMIS 3.25)

First construct PLN1 from points. For example take three individual points on the surface. Construct a plane then level to it. Now construct offset points from each of the three points you took for the original plane 50mm from the surface and construct a plane from those.

The guru's will probably have an easier way, but this is one method.
    Kevin

Comment

I believe you can create an offset plane. Unless I don't understand the question, you can do an alignment and level z-plus to the plane. Then, create an offset plane at the distance you want by inputing the distance into the z offset box. Next, recall the alignment you need from before.

Comment

I would do as Goodluck and construct a offset plane by 50mm
        Time for the Trolls to leave.

Comment

I dont know about the offset plane... that might be the best way.

Cant you use generic feature, create a plane?
          Assuming offset in Z:
          Use the pln1.x,pln1y,pln1.z+50,pln1.i,pln1.j,pln1.k values as the input for the new plane?
          Last edited by cmmguy; 05-21-2007, 11:50 AM.
          Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Originally posted by cmmguy View Post
            I dont know about the offset plane... that might be the best way.

Cant you use generic feature, create a plane?
            Assuming offset in Z:
            Use the pln1.x,pln1y,pln1.z+50,pln1.i,pln1.j,pln1.k values as the input for the new plane?
            I believe that should work as well.

Comment

I've never been able to figure out the "create offset plane" before either. I just offset points and create from there, like kmcmm.
              sigpic Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, but rather a skid in broadside, totally worn, proclaiming WOW What a ride!

Comment