intersection point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intersection point

I'm having problems with intersecting two lines. I know it should be simple as can be but I'm getting bogus numbers. I'm attaching a simple sketch and my code.

DeWain
    Last edited by DeWain Hodge; 06-17-2008, 06:32 PM.
    DeWain Hodge

If the parts round as it seems. Consturt a circle from intersection of cone and cylinder Dim constructed circle
    Achieving unverifiable productivity daily

Comment

Maybe its me, or the fact that its really late on a Sunday, butt those two lines seem to be parallel. But at worse case if they do intersect, are you in the correct view to intersect?
      sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

Try creating your lines from auto vector snap points. I've had better luck creating lines from points than using the auto line. what version are you running? The guru's will be in at 6:00 or 7:00 they have bankers hours
        sigpicRegards,
        Donald Henger
        B&S Micro Excel Pfx
        3.5mr2 & 3.7mr3
        PHH10MQ, TP20 & TP2
        Country Rocks,But Bluegrass RULES!!!

Comment

Well maybe I just need more coffee, but you sketch does not make a lot of sense to me. I did notice that the THEO vector for both of your lines is 0,-1,0 but the actual vector for each line is 0,0,-1 ! ! !
          Despite being a wiseacre, Mr. Henger is probably correct that constructing your lines from vector point might be the better way to go.
          Also sometimes when intersection does not work, pierce will. HTH
          sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment