multiple iges imports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multiple iges imports?

I want to import a fixture iges file, a right and left hand iges file. I want to measure the fixture first using just the fixture graphics, then depending on if I am checking the left or right hand parts, I want to see that graphic only in that portion of the program. How can i import the three and keep them separate? When i load the fixture iges now I can take the hits on it, but as soon as I import the part file, it automatically pops into the fixture graphics and is then in it all the time, even at the beginning of the program when I just want the fixture model.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    sigpic

B&S ADVANTAGE 12-22-10, EXCEL 9-15-9, ETC.
    PCDMIS 4.1, 3.5mr2,

Hi Vondy,
    Do you have Cad editing software? If so, then just put the fixtures on different layers
    sigpic

Comment

If not, bring one fixture in, go to View Setup, select Create, select Create again, type in a number for the level you want that fixture on, select all the cad, hit finish, hit okay... Repeat this for all three fixtures. When you want a certain fixture to show by itself, go under View Setup,select the fixture level number you want to be seen and select apply.
      sigpic

Comment

After putting each item on different levels you might have to save the program, exit, and open it again to have the sysem correctly view each on the proper level.
        Out of all the things I've lost.... I miss my mind the most!

Comment

Got it - Thanks bunches - I was missing a step

Vondy
          Last edited by VONDY; 05-19-2007, 01:10 PM.
          sigpic

B&S ADVANTAGE 12-22-10, EXCEL 9-15-9, ETC.
          PCDMIS 4.1, 3.5mr2,

Comment

As long as you have the current one on a different level already, you can merge
            sigpic

Comment

Your welcome Vondy.. Have a great weekend!
              sigpic

Comment