How do I rotate...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I rotate...

How do I rotate an existing program? I programed a part offline and did not realized how large it was until they put it on my cmm table. I had to rotate the part 90 degree to fit it, but how do I rotate the program. I can easly rotate the CAD model but my alingment and measurment points stay where it was.
    Pc-Dmis 4.2, Zeiss Eclipse
    sigpic

You should be able to add a rotation to your alignment. In the edit window, put the cursor just after your alignment. Open the alignment window, I can't remember what the exact callout is, but there is a window where Rotate is. Put 90 degrees (or -90) there.

Before you do this, save a copy with a different name. This will make it easier ton undo if it doesn't work.
    When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BANDY View Post
      How do I rotate an existing program? I programed a part offline and did not realized how large it was until they put it on my cmm table. I had to rotate the part 90 degree to fit it, but how do I rotate the program. I can easly rotate the CAD model but my alingment and measurment points stay where it was.

I think it will run as is. Just follow your alignment.
      If your X axis was left to right on off-line, do it front to back now (part is
      rotated to fit the machine).
      Watch probe rotations, those may have to be adjusted.

Roberto.
      sigpicIt's corona time!
      737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAƑOL

Comment

If your moving at 90 deg, anther thing u can try is switch the cad axis to machine axis in the setup.
        I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
        PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
        PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

All ya gotta do is measure the correct alignment features in the correct order, just as programmed. The actual orientation on the table will ONLY effect the probe rotations. That is what the alignment does, orientates the part/fixture to machine axis.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto View Post
            I think it will run as is. Just follow your alignment.
            If your X axis was left to right on off-line, do it front to back now (part is
            rotated to fit the machine).
            Watch probe rotations, those may have to be adjusted.

Roberto.
            Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
            All ya gotta do is measure the correct alignment features in the correct order, just as programmed. The actual orientation on the table will ONLY effect the probe rotations. That is what the alignment does, orientates the part/fixture to machine axis.
            I agree with these two yahoos

J/K

You will most likely need to adjust your probe angles if you use anything other than A0B0.

I would make it very, very clear with 'twenty seven eight-by-ten
            color glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back
            of each one' describing how the part should be set up and how the manual alignment features should be measured. If you don't sometime down the line someone will set the part up the way you originally intended and you will be buying a new probe.
            Last edited by #2#; 05-22-2007, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
              ...I would make it very, very clear with 'twenty seven eight-by-ten color glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one' describing...
              No one wants to comment on this huh?

Comment

Sounds like garbage....
                sigpic
                if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

No one wants to comment on this huh?
                  It's a typical case of American blind justice.

I was going to say sit-n-spin. . .
                  sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

I don't want a pickle
                    sigpic
                    if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

Ijust wanna ride my motorcicle

Comment

Whew! I'd hate to think I was able to slip that one by you guys.

Comment

Whew! I'd hate to think I was able to slip that one by you guys.
                          And the biggest, meanest, ugliest, father-raper of them all sat down next to me and said, "Kid, what did you get?"

Comment

I didn't get nothin'. I had to pay $50 and pick up the garbage

And they all moved away from me on the bench.

Comment

I didn't get nothin'. I had to pay $50 and pick up the garbage

And they all moved away from me on the bench.
                              Until I said, "and creating a nuisance. . ."

Comment