Crashing While Calibrating 90° Probe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashing While Calibrating 90° Probe

I'm trying to calibrate a star probe with only one tip and when it tries to calibrate at the A90B-90 or A-90B90 angle the shank hits the qual sphere when it's taking it's hits on the back side. I tried changing the calibration start and end angles and that didn't work. If I put a tip with a longer shank that will solve the calibration crashes but I need that particular tip to fit inside the hole of the ID groove I need to measure. Any solutions or am I SOL?

cal crash2.PNG

Can you stand your part up so you can calibrate your star probe @ A0B0?
    It will stick if you throw it hard enough.

Comment

• S_Cliff
      S_Cliff commented
      Editing a comment
      No. It's an aluminum case so I can only set up the part on the machined surfaces.

You need either a LONGER tip on that star OR you need to change the start/end angle so it doesn't go as 'deep' into the qual-tool.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

• sealevel
      sealevel commented
      Editing a comment
      Like Matt said....change the start/end angles OR use a smaller CalSphere. We had a small 'dog-leg' stylus and we used a 12mm Cal tool.
      The angles should work for you... try START at 20 and END at 90. The '90' tells the tip where your 'north pole' will be (or X- pole or X+ pole or .... etc)

• S_Cliff
      S_Cliff commented
      Editing a comment
      That worked. Just got the start and end angles backwards. Thanks for the help!

• sealevel
      sealevel commented
      Editing a comment