X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V 4.2 - Unable to Register Dll: error

I keep getting this error message when I open up Version 4.2:

"UNABLE TO REGISTER DLL. DIMANALYSIS ACTIVEX.OCX LOADLIBRARY FAILED."

Anybody got a clue what I should do to fix this?!
    sigpic
    Cold Beer MMMmmmm........

Dell Precision T5400
    Windows 7
    B&S XCEL
    WENZEL LH1512
    PCDMIS 2011 MR1

Which build date are you using?
    Try this one from 05-09-07?
    Don't know that a diff one will help but what the heck can't hurt right? Copy yours somewhere first!!!
    Last edited by JamesMannes; 08-03-2007, 08:27 AM.
    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

released on 5/10

If you are using a version of v4.2 older than 5/9, uninstall it and get the latest. This was a known problem at one time, but has since been fixed.

Comment

Hmmm... This might not work, but just thinking. I seem to remember getting something like this during testing for version 4.1...

I seem to remember the issue being that different versions of pcdmis use different ocx versions and if you installed a previous v4.x after v4.2 it might register the older ocx instead. Not sure and this is just a guess. But anyway, if you can't get it to work, you might want to try the following to register the ocx by hand.
        1. See if DIMANALYSIS ACTIVEX.ocx resides in the directory where you installed PC-DMIS 4.2.
        2. Access a command prompt (Select Start | Run, then type "Cmd").
        3. Once the command prompt is open, navigate inside the command window until you get to the directory where you installed pcdmis.
        4. Then type this in the command window: Regsvr32 "DIMANALYSIS ACTIVEX.ocx" (remember to put quotes around the ocx filename... you need those when there's a space in the filename).
        5. Press ENTER. That should manually register it.
        6. Restart Pcdmis.
        Hopefully you won't get the error.
        Last edited by JaredHess; 05-21-2007, 01:55 PM. Reason: I had mistakenly included an extra R in the registration command.
        Jared Hess - PC-DMIS Documentation Team Lead @ HMI
        [View 2008 Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment

Sorry Gents, I tried both ideas and nothing. i downloaded the software from wilcox on the 5-10-07 I believe. How can I find out what "build" I have?
          sigpic

Dell Precision T5400
          Windows 7
          B&S XCEL
          WENZEL LH1512
          PCDMIS 2011 MR1

Comment

the problem is your version get the latest from wilcox and it will go away.
            the issue is with the profile restrictions in XP.

G
            sigpic

Comment

I have the latest version installed not unless they have changed the download since 5-9-2007. Have they put a newer download than the one I downloaded on the 10th of may.?
              sigpic

Dell Precision T5400
              Windows 7
              B&S XCEL
              WENZEL LH1512
              PCDMIS 2011 MR1

Comment

If you try to manually register it (via Jared's method) do you get the same error message? If no, then it should be registered correctly and you can ignore the message from pcdmis.

Comment

I edited my post with the instructions. My original one had an extra "r" in the command which would have caused it to fail. It should (knock on wood) work.
                  Jared Hess - PC-DMIS Documentation Team Lead @ HMI
                  [View 2008 Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment

Sorry guys,
                    Tried a reinstall. It seemed to work BUT (here's the kicker) I took a part and a fixture and measured it with 4.2 and then with 4.1 - and guess what?! Drastically different measurements!!!!!! Over .015 thousandths different!! WHAT IS GOING ON? HAS ANYONE TIRED MEASURING THE SAME PART WITH TWO DIFFERNT VERSIONS AS A REPEATABLILTY TEST?
                    sigpic

Dell Precision T5400
                    Windows 7
                    B&S XCEL
                    WENZEL LH1512
                    PCDMIS 2011 MR1

Comment

Originally posted by rerun_lives View Post
                      Sorry guys,
                      Tried a reinstall. It seemed to work BUT (here's the kicker) I took a part and a fixture and measured it with 4.2 and then with 4.1 - and guess what?! Drastically different measurements!!!!!! Over .015 thousandths different!! WHAT IS GOING ON? HAS ANYONE TIRED MEASURING THE SAME PART WITH TWO DIFFERNT VERSIONS AS A REPEATABLILTY TEST?
                      What exactly are you using? Auto-Point, Auto-Circle? etc etc...
                      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment