Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC-Dmis 2020 R2 Changing nominals in Report

Hello everybody

I have recently started using version 2020 R2 and been havin a lot of issues.
    The recent one I just can not explain. I have a program that runs normally on the version 2019 r1/r2 and 2020 R1. In the 2020 R2 version it still runs, but when I open the report windows I see that the position dimensions changes nominals after each run. This happens on a feature that was constructed. I have tried manually changing the nominals in the constructed feature, but the nominals still changed.
    BUT ONLY ON THE REPORT WINDOW, which makes no sense!

Anyone have an idea if this is a bug or something?

Can you post the relevant section of your code, including the alignment, and a picture of the report window (possibly after two separate runs)?

Comment

very old pcdmis problem .... many useless updates but the old problems together with new ones still exist ... for this use variables V + 0 in the nominals that are modified ...

Comment

Interesting. i am running 2020R2 as well and I am dimensioning Position of a constructed feature and for the life of me I cannot get it to bring up the correct nominals.. I submitted a CASE yesterday.
        sigpicTAU ALPHA PI INDIANA DELTA CHAPTER
        "Due to the highly confidential nature of my job, I am not allowed to know what I am doing" - author unknown

Comment

I've encountered this error before, and if you try to update or hard code the nominal with the '+0', still reverts to whatever it wants. I've not utilized 2020, in past versions a system restart usually allowed me to regain control.
          Only instance I've met that would NOT allow me to correct nominal is with FCF reporting, those I had to delete/restart/recreate dim. (I make the code as nominal as possible before any deletions.)

Comment

Do you mean that the report displays randomly different values after each run or just that they do not match what is in the features? Is it all of the report or just one specific dimension? More information is needed to properly diagnose the cause. Are you able to share the program, drawing and cad model?
            Neil Challinor
            PC-DMIS Product Owner

T: +44 870 446 2667 (Hexagon UK office)
            E: [email protected]

Comment

• Denis V
              Denis V commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi Neil,

the dimension changes in the report every measurement. It worked in 2020 R1 as far as I know. The issue is on Jira under PCD-207746, there is a program with CAD.

R2ah1ze1l , metrologo , Benedictj1

The number one reason for nominals being incorrect or changing during execution are partially constrained alignments, in particular those that perform a level without also setting rotation. Yous should always ensure that you do not dimension any features that were measured prior to you establishing a fully constrained alignment. You should also ensure that you do not "break the chain" by including alignments which perform a level but no rotate at any stage between your final (fully constrained) DCC alignment and the point at which you dimension your features. This is because whenever a level is performed, it mathematically breaks any previous rotational constraint - even if you specify a previous alignment under RECALL. Alignments that only level may look like they have inherited a previous alignment's rotation but in reality they do not.
            Neil Challinor
            PC-DMIS Product Owner

T: +44 870 446 2667 (Hexagon UK office)
            E: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by neil.challinor View Post
              R2ah1ze1l , metrologo , Benedictj1

The number one reason for nominals being incorrect or changing during execution are partially constrained alignments, in particular those that perform a level without also setting rotation. Yous should always ensure that you do not dimension any features that were measured prior to you establishing a fully constrained alignment. You should also ensure that you do not "break the chain" by including alignments which perform a level but no rotate at any stage between your final (fully constrained) DCC alignment and the point at which you dimension your features. This is because whenever a level is performed, it mathematically breaks any previous rotational constraint - even if you specify a previous alignment under RECALL. Alignments that only level may look like they have inherited a previous alignment's rotation but in reality they do not.
              In earlier versions (pre-2015) the nominals could change despite fully constrained alignments. This could be solved by setting a registry flag (which name I can't remember now) and the nominals would not change. That setting is set as default since 2015 something (I believe) and I have not had any nominals change for me ever since.
              PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP11

Comment