PH9 adjustments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PH9 adjustments

OK now you know I have the old PH9! at 0,0 (bridge) straight down its not perpindicular to the table. A direction is ok (the 0-105 direction) and off in the other. Is there an adjustment for that. I can't find any documentation for adjustments on the ph9. The beam is ok, tp2 and tips are off in the one direction.

So you are saying that is you put it a 90,0, it is pointing off to one side and not straight to the front?

If so, loosen the coller that holds the PH9 into the quill, twist the PH9 until square, then tighten the colar back up. Put in a LONG extension and leave the ehad at 90,0. Move the machine front to back with any kind of block next the the extension and watch the gap. Adjust to keep the gap the same and tighten up real tight. ALSO, there is probably a 3/8" diameter stud mounted to the top of the PH9 that is inside the taper unit that holds the whole thing in the quill. There is a single bolt inside the taper unit that you should tighten as well.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy P View Post
      OK now you know I have the old PH9! at 0,0 (bridge) straight down its not perpindicular to the table. A direction is ok (the 0-105 direction) and off in the other. Is there an adjustment for that. I can't find any documentation for adjustments on the ph9. The beam is ok, tp2 and tips are off in the one direction.
      I think Rensihaw makes a "leveling" plate for the Probes. AM1 or AM2
      Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Being its a ph9 I would do what Matts does.........no money required
        sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

If all you need to do is rotate it into place try this
          <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

I had just done that but I used an indicator on the flat face of the ph9 to square it to the machine movement. The 90 rotate method was very close to what I had. But my 0,0 is still out.4 mm in 5 inches measured with a feeler against a block. I'm not talking about much but darrn it I swear I can see it when the probe is hanging there.

Comment

OH, are you saying that with it at 0,0, it points slightly to the left (or right)? You may NOT be seating 100%, or it may just be the way the head is. I would do some tests, like measure a sphere, origin to it, then index the head to any angle, then back to 0,0 and measure again. Repeat at least 10 times and see if the numbers all 'match'.
              sigpic
              Originally posted by AndersI
              I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment