True Position of Angled Hole depth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Position of Angled Hole depth

I am reporting the depth of some angled flat bottomed holes as a true position. I have drafted a basic drawing to explain the feature and the DRF. I have tried reporting it with the X, Y and Z ticked in the 'Nominals' tab, and with just the X ticked. I have also reported the depth as a T value. None of the results tie up with one another. Datum plane A is a plane on the face, datum B is the Ø10mm hole as a cylinder and datum C is a midpoint in the 10mm slot. Can anyone advise: 1. Am I using the correct features to define my datums (not A, just B and C) and 2. What is the correct process for generating the results with regards to the axis selection tick boxes in the nominals tab. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Offset your alignment 40.2 from Dat A, then rotate 25° around, then you should just report in one axis and the nominal should be 60.
    Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

• NinjaBadger
      NinjaBadger commented
      Editing a comment
      Doesn't just have to be on co-axial features @DAN_M.

A-B on a plane-cylinder is perfectly valid, as is A-B on two holes (In effect you're splitting the difference between them so neither had precedence).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0lq4yj7v8w...datum.JPG?dl=0

• DAN_M
      DAN_M commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you very much for the explanation! I have never seen it used like this before.
      Last edited by DAN_M; 12-14-2020, 11:11 AM.

• NinjaBadger
      NinjaBadger commented
      Editing a comment
      I can't remember where I got that from, I'm guessing it was an ISO standard but I can't be certain (looks like it though).

Thank you everyone.

Comment