Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constructing cylinder with looped features

Hi everyone.

At this moment, i have a parametric program to measure a family of CFRP tubes with different lengths. My issue is that
    i need to calculate cilindricity and straightness of the tube, for that to be done, a cylinder must be constructed with the pattern of
    circles (levels of polar equally distributed individual points) that i've created with variables and LOOP. Is it possible to "extract" those
    measured features ( cir1[1]; cir1[2], ...) and construct a cylinder? Generics? Array's?
    Thanks in advance for some guru or "yodaness" help.

sigpicJosé Teixeira
    DEA-B&S Global Image
    DEA-B&S Global Performance
    PC-DMIS 2010 CAD++

Solved the constructing cylinder issue, the thing is how to use just the number of circles corresponding to same number of levels measured to calculate the cylinder.
    since i can have from 10 level tube to 20 level tube.
    cyl_loop.JPG
    sigpicJosé Teixeira
    DEA-B&S Global Image
    DEA-B&S Global Performance
    PC-DMIS 2010 CAD++

Comment

What version are you running? With 2020 R2 you can just use an auto-cylinder and have variables for the length and number of levels, there is no longer the need to construct the circles and axis, you just use the geometric tolerance command to dimension straightness of the auto-cylinder. The only restriction is that the cylinder must have been measured in circular cross sections so you need to use either the default or adaptive concentric circle scan measurement strategy.
      Neil Challinor
      PC-DMIS Product Owner

T: +44 870 446 2667 (Hexagon UK office)
      E: [email protected]

Comment