Blank pages when printing from pdf

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Blank pages when printing from pdf

    If I have my reports print to file (.pdf) and someone goes to print them out, all they get is either a bunch of blank spaces where text would be, or they get crazy symbols in place of normal fonts. Anyone else run into this?

    Is there a fix for this?
    CMM Programmer
    Jackson Michigan
    Mistral 7.7.5
    4.3MR2

  • #2
    Originally posted by Sl33stak View Post
    If I have my reports print to file (.pdf) and someone goes to print them out, all they get is either a bunch of blank spaces where text would be, or they get crazy symbols in place of normal fonts. Anyone else run into this?

    Is there a fix for this?
    I've never had that happen.. What version are you running?? That would help the guru's. reboot is all I can think of for a start. Sorry not much help
    sigpicRegards,
    Donald Henger
    B&S Micro Excel Pfx
    3.5mr2 & 3.7mr3
    PHH10MQ, TP20 & TP2
    Country Rocks,But Bluegrass RULES!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      3.7MR2 (don't laugh!) WinXP Pro, Adobe Acrobat 6.0 (full version). Reboot won't do it, we reboot between shifts every day. Where's Matt today!?!?
      CMM Programmer
      Jackson Michigan
      Mistral 7.7.5
      4.3MR2

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Sl33stak View Post
        3.7MR2 (don't laugh!) WinXP Pro, Adobe Acrobat 6.0 (full version). Reboot won't do it, we reboot between shifts every day. Where's Matt today!?!?
        I am here, it's just that I do not use PDF for anything and I had nothing constructive to add. I CAN add destructive, if you wish!

        OR, lets see......

        Matt "Upgrade to V3.7 MR3"
        Jan "V4.2, V4.2, V4.2, V4.2"
        (sorry, don't remember the name) "Go back to V2.3063, go back to V3.2063"
        (I know there are a few who still use that, some by choice, some by cheap, but it was a [email protected] fine version!)
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

        Comment


        • #5
          I seem to recall this happening to me. I don't remember what if anything fixed it. I stopped using the .pdf report because I found that the pdf report numbers didn't always match the report numbers on the screen. I would guess that the two problems are related. Are you using the pdf writer that came with pc-dmis (I was) or are you using a separate one that is treated like a printer?

          I use the .rtf report exclusively now (never had any problems with that) and if I need it to be uneditable, I print it to pdf from the .rtf.

          Comment


          • #6
            Lemme play with the .rtf export option. As for the upgrade my "boss" "forgot" to renew the SMA, sooooo, until we send out a check...I'm S.O.L.
            CMM Programmer
            Jackson Michigan
            Mistral 7.7.5
            4.3MR2

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Sl33stak View Post
              Lemme play with the .rtf export option. As for the upgrade my "boss" "forgot" to renew the SMA, sooooo, until we send out a check...I'm S.O.L.
              Well, that would de[pend on several things. When did the old contract 'expire'? If it was AFTER the date of the release of MR3, you can install that release. Of course, if you have any problems with the install, tech support won't help you (like they would, anyway!).
              sigpic
              Originally posted by AndersI
              I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

              Comment


              • #8
                Yes, we still have that problem too. Only one will actually make a PDF file, and it makes it Greek every fifth to eighth one and five to eight more ok, then Greek, etc.

                I tried reinstalling the pdf converter software, but IT said stop it- it was on 'their' list. Going on a year or two now....

                Tom

                Comment


                • #9
                  All of a sudden this issue popped up on one of may machines. Using the same program for over a year now with no programming or update changes. Running 2017. It prints reports automatically to my network but sometimes it prints a blank pdf report. I tried switching to .rtf but I don't have an application to open .rtf(s) installed on that PC. Adobe it on its latest version with no available updates.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by acgarcia View Post
                    All of a sudden this issue popped up on one of may machines. Using the same program for over a year now with no programming or update changes. Running 2017. It prints reports automatically to my network but sometimes it prints a blank pdf report. I tried switching to .rtf but I don't have an application to open .rtf(s) installed on that PC. Adobe it on its latest version with no available updates.
                    WORD will open an RTF so will WORDPAD (which is a WINDOZE 'program')
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by AndersI
                    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

                    Comment


                    • acgarcia
                      acgarcia commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I don't have microsoft office installed on these machines and wordpad opened the report with a bunch of random characters. perhaps I need to download a .rtf viewer or something.

                  • #11
                    Does this happen if you print to a local drive? Could be a network issue?

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      I haven't tried saving to the local drive. I have 4 other machines using the same print command to the same network folder where all the CMM reports are dumped into. Those machines do not have any issues printing reports.

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        Have you tried updating the printer drivers for the printer that you are using?
                        Time for the Trolls to leave.

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          William Johnson , not sure I follow. I'm not printing on paper, just generating pdfs.

                          Comment

                          Related Topics

                          Collapse

                          Working...
                          X