Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Calibrate with cmm model 7.10.7 SF

Hello all,

At my facility we have a hexagon 7.10.7 SF cmm with a probe changer located directly center in the back of the machine. Everything i run the auto calibration program for the tips it crashes into the tooling sphere when going to change the tips. Any advice on a work around for this? I tried adding a move point but the program ignores the move point and makes a b line after doing A105B180, then it changes to A0B0 before trying to change and it clips the top.

Can you set your MOUNT POINT to a position to clear your cal sphere? (not a 'move point')

Comment

Check your clearance distances in the Probe Utilities--> Setup menu. Those distances control your probe clearance planes during calibration. I think the one causing you issue is the clearance distance along the qualification tool shank vector. The help file describes what each does fairly well.

Comment

To overcome this issue I found adding a Move/Incremental command after the Autocalibrate Command was the simplest way to overcome this issue

Example:-
        POCKET_1 =LABEL/
        LOADPROBE/POCKET1
        TIP/T1A0B0, SHANKIJK=0, 0, 1, ANGLE=0
        FORMAT/TEXT,OPTIONS, ,HEADINGS,SYMBOLS, ;NOM,TOL,MEAS,DEV,OUTTOL, ,
        AUTOCALIBRATE/PROBE, PARAMETER_SET=ALL-TIPS-WITH-DEFAULTS, QUALTOOL_MOVED=YES_DCC,
        SHOW_SUMMARY=NO, OVERWRITE_RESULTSFILE=YES
        MOVE/INCREMENT,<0,0,150>
        2_CYL =LABEL/
        LOADPROBE/2_CYL
        AUTOCALIBRATE/PROBE, PARAMETER_SET=ALL-TIPS-WITH-DEFAULTS, QUALTOOL_MOVED=NO,
        MOVE/INCREMENT,<0,0,100>
        POCKET_2 =LABEL/
        LOADPROBE/POCKET2
        AUTOCALIBRATE/PROBE, PARAMETER_SET=ALL-TIPS-WITH-DEFAULTS, QUALTOOL_MOVED=NO,
        MOVE/INCREMENT,<0,0,150>

Comment

Sora's advise should get you going. I'll bet your clearance distances need to be adjusted.

I have a 7107 with a qual tool that faces Z+, it never has a problem qualifying.

The only time I've ever really had problems are when I've tried to use qual spheres that have an odd tool shank vector.
          SF7107(PCD), SF454(PCD), 152614(Quindos), 9159(Quindos), 7107(Quindos), B&S Manual, M&M Gear Checker

Comment

Originally posted by Sora5 View Post
            Check your clearance distances in the Probe Utilities--> Setup menu. Those distances control your probe clearance planes during calibration. I think the one causing you issue is the clearance distance along the qualification tool shank vector. The help file describes what each does fairly well.
            Yes this method works thanks for the assistance I tried it last night. Is there a way to auto redo a probe that fails for being outside the limit or would that be somthing that has to be done manually?

Comment

HunterS1103 Yes, you could do this:

Code:
              STARTUP =ALIGNMENT/START,RECALL:USE_PART_SETUP,LIST=YES
              ALIGNMENT/END
              LOADPROBE/7107_G_4X20
              DO_QUAL_AGAIN=LABEL/
              AUTOCALIBRATE/PROBE, PARAMETER_SET=T1A0B0_MASTER, QUALTOOL_MOVED=YES_DCC,
              CHECK COLLISION=NO, SHOW_SUMMARY=NO, OVERWRITE_RESULTSFILE=NO
              ASSIGN/STDDEV=PROBEDATA("standarddeviation","T1A0B0")
              IF_GOTO/STDDEV<0.0002,GOTO = LABEL_QUAL_FAILURE_SKIP
              COMMENT/OPER,NO,FULL SCREEN=NO,AUTO-CONTINUE=NO,
              CMM has failed qualification!

Clean probe & sphere.

Press OK to try again once hardware has been cleaned.

Press Cancel to cancel.
              You'd need to..
              1) Re-define the variable "STDDEV"...and
              2) Make a new "IF_GOTO" AND labels...
              ...for each probe angles you'd like to check the STDDEV for.

You could also use ONERROR/CALLIBRATIONOUTSIDLIMITS commands to do this.
              Last edited by DAN_M; 12-08-2020, 01:54 PM.
              SF7107(PCD), SF454(PCD), 152614(Quindos), 9159(Quindos), 7107(Quindos), B&S Manual, M&M Gear Checker

Comment

widgetinstance 190 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X