Auto Circle Sample Hits using CAD model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Circle Sample Hits using CAD model

Hi, my question is, when to use sample hits for auto circle feature using CAD model.
    I have circles for datum features, and measuring them using auto circle feature, with 3 sample hits and 4 inside to make an iterative alignment and after alignment is made,
    what is best practice, to measuring another circle from cad model using sample hits or without sample hits, projection plane for circle is taken from CAD model when sample hits are not using?

Thanks.

A lot depends on what exactly you are measuring. Sheet metal & plastics, use 3 sample hits, solid milled chucks, 1 sample just so you can control the depth.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Hi, thanks for response,
      im measuring Gauges for pieces validation in automotive industry, so i must use sample hits for plane projection when i measuring circles even when is using CAD model?

Comment

Originally posted by DarMar View Post
        Hi, thanks for response,
        im measuring Gauges for pieces validation in automotive industry, so i must use sample hits for plane projection when i measuring circles even when is using CAD model?
        The sample hits prevent your probe from making contact in the wrong place. Sheet metal, each trim/pierce has a SHEAR side and a BREAK side. You must measure on the shear side. If the part isn't perfect, then without using 3 sample hits, you could be hitting on the shear on one side of the hole and the break on the other. The sample hits make a 'plane' that Pcdmis will measure the hole in, there isn't really any projection, just a TEMP surface vector that matches the ACTL vector of the part so that the probe makes contact in the correct place.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Thanks for your response.

Comment