Quick Fixture locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Fixture locations

we are in the process of standardizing our fixtures for a few families of parts. i have created all the cad files that we use for the individual components as well as the fixtures. we use a lot of inspectional arsenal hardware and their stuff is not in the quick fixture availability of PC dmis. now that I have all the cad properly named (100s of individual pieces all converted to .draw as well) I need to add them to the system. is there any way to literally drag and drop the cad files into a folder with the ones that are factory installed. i really don't want to have to create 100s of "user" files.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ncogneto; 11-20-2020, 10:23 AM.

Sadly, no they are added one at a time. The models go in the directory, C:\Users\Public\Documents\Hexagon\PC-DMIS\2020 R1\Models\QUICKFIX In C:\ProgramData\Hexagon\PC-DMIS\2020 R1 the file userquickfix.dat is created with the needed entries.

ITEM:xyz ARM
    cadgeom 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 -1 xyz.draw

If you want to reach out to me at [email protected] I may be able to help.

Comment

• Ncogneto
      Ncogneto commented
      Editing a comment
      Dang seems like a huge need for process improvement. Thank you I have some free time coming up as we will be shutting down for the holidays as far as production of new designs

The best way to do what you’re trying to do is have to use something like Autodesk or Solidworks to build your fixtures for the parts. Another thing to consider is Reneshaw’s Fixture Builder.
    Darroll
    2018R2

Comment

• Ncogneto
      Ncogneto commented
      Editing a comment
      I have already modeled the fixtures but if outside diameter shrinks or grows (we do a lot of round stuff) its much easier to replace just the component inside PC-Dmis that part is resting on for the operator rather than having them open it in a CAD system, change it, resave and pull back into PC-D as a whole new fixture, not to mention we have a limited # of UG NX and Catia seats. Add to that not everyone is up to speed on the CAD software. Trying to keep the process as " Potato head" as possible for our "operators" looking into the Renishaw later today thank you.

• Darrollh
      Darrollh commented
      Editing a comment
      You can do that inside of Fusion 360. I do it all the time. All you have to do is click on the part and either delete or suppress it. Then you can all the new part into the fixture.