told I am wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• told I am wrong

I am being told my measurement is wrong. Which I am ok with but not sure of better way to do it. the 1.3 Diminsion I am getting an out of tolance and no repetabilty. Untitled.png

What's PH?Is that a C/L of a cone?
    Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

• browningdmis
      browningdmis commented
      Editing a comment
      You are correct in your assumption. I do not know what PH is. It is not on the part. The way they tell me they want it measured is Datum B is a plane that will intersect and at the point of the 10 degree plane.

• NinjaBadger
      NinjaBadger commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry but that is nonsensical - you're being asked to measure from a feature (which does exist) to one which doesn't exist, you can't make it right or wrong, you're measuring to nothing!

• MBaroni
      MBaroni commented
      Editing a comment
      As per NinjaBadger, it's not possible to measure #37 without determining the position of PH first.

It looks to me like you have a small amount of planar material around the cone. Can you get manuals on that surface, and then level to it and set it to Z+. Then take 4 hits in the cone, and call the circle created as X&Y origins (the machine will assume machine X&Y rotations, but use the circle as origin points. Then, you could use the autoplane at 1 level (basically hits in a single, circular pattern), with a whole bunch of hits and a spacer of just over the radius of the top of the cone to get the plane? I have a part similar to this that has a draft angle. The only other fix that I can think of, is to attach a plate to the surface and measure the plate, then remove the plate without disturbing the part.

Comment

Measure cone.
      Measure small flat as line and intersect with cone centerline.
      Measure line on 10° surface.
      Dimension distance from intersection point perpendicular to line.

This needs the 7°30' to be able to be measured as a cone.
      PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP11

Comment

• vpt.se
        vpt.se commented
        Editing a comment
        Until OP has determined if it is a cone or not, this will be a guessing game.

• browningdmis
        browningdmis commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry been out for a bit.

No this is not a cone.

• browningdmis
        browningdmis commented
        Editing a comment
        ukcmm I am not measuring it. I have told them I can not measure this as drawn. They tell me I am wrong. I asked them to show me how but they say its my job to figure out. I simple don't know how to do it.