Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scan Speeds

Hey guys,

I have a part that I'm running on a 7.10.7 SF CMM that relies on pretty much linear open scans through the entire part. I would like to speed up the program but am unsure of how high I can bump up the scan speed on my machine before experiencing accuracy / vibration issues. Move speed is at 500 and acceleration speed at 1000. Point density and scan speeds are default at 10 points per mm and 10mm per second respectively. Any idea where I can find this information for my particular machine?

Your going to have to run some R&R studies and re-verify your dimensions using another method to know for sure.

Comment

depends on the probe head first of all and then the condition of the features you are measuring. All different types of features? What controller? I created a widget for my desktop that calculates circle # of points, speeds and filtering. I know there is an ISO document covering the point density and filtering. PM me your email address and I will share a tip sheet Bob Hospadaruk from Hexagon gave me.
      sigpicTAU ALPHA PI INDIANA DELTA CHAPTER
      "Due to the highly confidential nature of my job, I am not allowed to know what I am doing" - author unknown

Comment