Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 75mm styli

Good morning,
    just wondering if 4X75mm carbon fiber styli will work on medium force module.

Per Renishaw, the medium force TP20 is good for up to 60mm; however, depending on your part and tolerances, you could do some experiments with a ring gage and gage block to see if the 75mm gives you good numbers. I would expect that you would need to slow down the move speed as well as the touch speed.
    HTH ☺
    153010 Global Advantage w/ LSPX1H_T Analog Probe
    7107 Global Classic TP20
    2019R1 SP1 CAD++

Comment

Make sure you calibrate the tips at the speed you intend to run at as well.

Comment

If you do testing with the medium force and want to improve the results you're seeing, you could also try an extended force module.
        SF7107(PCD), SF454(PCD), 152614(Quindos), 9159(Quindos), 7107(Quindos), B&S Manual, M&M Gear Checker

Comment

I have a part that uses a similar sized styii with an extended force module . Standard Deviations usually are running around 12 to 15 microns. Probe is qualified at A90B90 and A90B-90. Want to use my scanning probe but it has not been validated yet. My understanding is that the scanning probe can handle bigger and long styli.

Comment

• RIDER
            RIDER commented
            Editing a comment
            What scanning probe do you have?
            I have one build on our Leitz scanning probe that uses an 8x75 stylus with a 150 carbon fiber extension. I can't run it faster than 200 mm/sec due to the weight and false triggers, but it works well and is very repeatable.