Scanning Fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scanning Fail

Alright guys maybe somebody has come across this. I do scanning all the time, no issues until yesterday. None of my Advanced Scanning's are working now. Even on previous versions of the DEMON, Adaptive Scans continue to work. Thought maybe it might be Hardware, but how can adaptives work, but not the Advanced. At first I thought the check distance, I'll turn it up, but it's not that, It goes to the prehit point of the scan and goes no further, and comes up with this error. "Command argument is not a floating" This one has got me baffled. Already a Case number admitted.

Capture.JPG
    (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
    They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Hi Kirby,
    Could you check "," and "." in your settings (maybe a windows setting had changed from an update ?)

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
      KIRBSTER269 commented
      Editing a comment
      Dumb it down for me Jeffery, I don't follow what your asking me to check?

In the windows settings, something like hour and countries / number format.
    If the separator is not the right one, maybe PC-DMIS doesn't understand the number as "floating".
    Not sure of it, just a check (it appened to me on a windows update, under excel... )

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
      KIRBSTER269 commented
      Editing a comment
      Give me a bit, I will try different things

Ok weird, but these 2 settings work, but not what I want to accomplish. The first one scans. The second one does individual points. That's all I can get to work at the moment.

Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG
    (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)

Comment

Do you have cad ?
      "Normal" always scan as a ttp.

Comment

JEFMAN 99.99% of the time I have CAD, There is something screwy, Jeffery. It has worked in the past, I pulled up a old program that I have ran many times before. Now they are not working. I'll get back to this, if and when Hexagon gets back to me.

Comment

the two settings you pictured above Exec Controls: Normal/Relearn and With Nominals Method: Master, will work because the demon will find and produce the nominals of the scan with the first scan data (and relearn the nominals each time for relearn). It sounds like you have some type of CAD-related error. Maybe graphics card drivers got updated?

Another thought: Do you have your Probe active button ON/Illuminated on your jogbox (top left button on next jogbox)? if its turned off, the probe isn't balanced and does weird sheet like this.
          Last edited by louisd; 11-12-2020, 12:07 PM.

Comment

louisd Thanks for the 2 cents. Yes the light is lit. Just to follow up some investigation I did do a driver update yesterday. Not sure if this did it. Now my air is off, screwed some more here. It might be communication error. Still not sure yet. I have the Video Driver up to date. and yeah I guess I will use Master until I can figure this out. "you build a super computer just to make things easier, and it just becomes complicated."

Capture.JPG

Comment

Maybe re-install the demon with the new setup ?

Comment

what kind of machine is this? Global S Chrome, by chance? If so, your controller firmware might be the issue. contact hexagon.

Comment

Update problem is fixed. So on the new motherboard, there is 2 ethernet connections. One has a transfer speed of 2.5GB and the other is 1GB. When I switched the 2, of course I had to re-route each one. Everything worked fine. I'm guessing the driver was not installed, and when it went through. It was more than the Demon could handle.

IMG_0029.JPG

Comment

There's a setting (where ????????) where you can say something like full speed / half duplex or something like this...
                  I can't remember if it's on windows or pcdmis...

Comment

• mb0258
                    mb0258 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    By win device manager, directly inside network device settings.

No there is 2 different Ethernet connections on my motherboard. It’s a gaming motherboard ASUS each connector can handle so much speed and I had to route the slower one to the CMM controller

Comment

I recently built the computer ASUS strix X570-E board AMD 9 3900 12 core 64 RAM kept the old M4000 quadro

Comment

Error Code 0x1200001F

Module: PI - Protocol Interface (layer 2)
                      Error type: Weak(stop the machine, but leave the motors powered)

Description: Command argument is not a floating

Diagnostic info:
                      Input String = < InpStr >
                      Argument < Arg > should be a floating

Comment