Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open slot

Hi.
    I've got issues with a part that has an angled open slot...https://www.pcdmisforum.com/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

The slot is Datum C and has to be reported (with MMC )as TP to A (the plane) and B (a hole), as well as having various other holes reported to A, B and C (the slot).

What's the best method for measuring the slot, so that I can report as required?

Attached Files
    sigpic ...you want me to stick my probe WHERE?!?!

Measure the two side walls as either planes or lines and construct a width from them.
    Neil Challinor
    PC-DMIS Product Owner

T: +44 870 446 2667 (Hexagon UK office)
    E: [email protected]

Comment

I have also measured as above but I used variables to bring the data from the line into creating a generic circle for the ability for the software to perform datum shift that was allowed.
      Horizontals - Dual Arm 40-17-21 / Single Arm 30-14-16 - PCD 2013MR1 (64bit)

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Adam Olson
        Help with slot.
        by Adam Olson
        I have a slot or pocket whatever you want to call it which is datum -d-. My problem is that the slot is tapered (will attach a pic and print) and it does...
        09-04-2008, 10:36 AM
      • marcc
        Position of round slot
        by marcc
        Hello, have been reading this forum for a while now, great source of information. Recently question came up about measuring method so I would like to...
        06-28-2017, 12:45 PM
      • csshaffer
        True Position of a slot
        by csshaffer
        I have a part with a slot cut in it and the print calls out a true position for it. I do not have a cad model so I guessing I need to make a constructed...
        05-23-2011, 01:05 PM
      • Thomas Stewart
        Imagine an eggshell
        by Thomas Stewart
        Here's a new one (for me). I have a slot that needs to be toleranced with a true position. There are a few issues I need input and a solution for....
        06-04-2010, 11:22 AM
      • SI_GUY_29
        Calculated slot point
        by SI_GUY_29
        Hello,
        Have a question if this is possible and how to go about programming this point in for a production run. I have a slot where on the radius...
        11-12-2018, 12:31 PM
      Working...
      X