Inport/replace new cad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inport/replace new cad

I IMPORTED AND REPLCED the updated CAD. I also Updated nominals to CAD, and Updated measure values to nominals. most od the measurement looks good just my start point isn't not were it shoud be.

this program was working before I imported the revise CAD.
    Last edited by ProbFlex; 02-01-2021, 03:48 PM.

Import the CAD with the same coordinate as the previous CAD. IF you cant do that you need to transform the model inside DMIS to match the same " orientation " as the original model. If the ORIENTATION is the same as the original but the coordinate system is different, you can just " tweak " the manual alignment and answer NO.

Comment

ones I complete this job, ill go back to this one and take a look where my coordinate are at the end of the program and see its not where it belongs and do a transform if I need too.
      I didn't make this program. but I understand it.
      thank you.

I would like to know how to "Import the CAD with the same coordinate as the previous CAD". there is no manule alighnment. straight DCC with a Startpoing.

Comment

• Schlag
        Schlag commented
        Editing a comment
        You need to do it with CAD software. If you have CAD access it way easier to use than it is to use the transform in DMIS.

Originally posted by ProbFlex View Post
      I would like to know how to "Import the CAD with the same coordinate as the previous CAD".
      I believe this has to be done by whoever is creating the model.

Comment

• Schlag
        Schlag commented
        Editing a comment
        No, but you do need to do it with CAD SOFTWARE

A good habit to do when your not familiar with Transform, always run your program OFFLINE. That way everything 0's out and brings you back to Perfect. This way visually, everything LOOKS better. This is not necessary to do, but when your new to doing this, this is a good habit to start with.
      (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
      They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

KIRBSTER269 does Operation -> Features -> Reset Measured Values to Nominals do the same thing or is it different?

Comment

• BIGWIG7
          BIGWIG7 commented
          Editing a comment
          same same..

• KIRBSTER269
          KIRBSTER269 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, reason I said what I said, because not only set everything to 0's, Just showing you long hand how you got there.. Problem nowadays. People get to their destination, but they're not sure how they got there.

PC DMIS does some quirky visual stuff. Just gonna have to learn to roll with it until they make that part of the software more robust.

1) Import new model.

2) Do Operation -> Features -> Reset Measured Values to Nominals to suck everything to the model

3) Run program offline to allow everything to "Zero" out.

After you run offline, look at the inspection report it makes. Stuff that comes up weird (things not at zero/big unbelievable deviations on your inspection report)..OR.. features/pnts off of your model (like what you're going on).. are indicative of a deeper program issue. Not un-save-able...but we'd need more code in order to fully diagnose the issue/potentially help.
        SF7107(PCD), SF454(PCD), 152614(Quindos), 9159(Quindos), 7107(Quindos), B&S Manual, M&M Gear Checker

Comment